Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extinction Rebellion symbol??

What badge is this? I know it's something to do with Extinction Rebellion, but don't know what the symbol at the bottom of it is for

Attachments

• IMG_20201029_220854.jpg
    IMG_20201029_220854.jpg
    555.5 KB · Views: 64
I think it might be that the extinction symbol represents the threat of holocene extinction on Earth; a circle represents the planet and a stylised hourglass is a warning that time is running out for many species. The symbol dates to at least 2011 and has been attributed to anonymous East London artist Goldfrog ESP, or something. :cool:

I understand the hourglass bit, it's the n at the bottom that I don't understand

Does it signify a limp phallic object?

Looks like a lower case Greek 'h', no idea on the meaning. Apparently 'eta'.

This isn't the NAAFI, I asked a legitimate question. If you don't know please stop wasting my fxxking time

I'd laugh my balls off if it turned out that there was an SS division that had an identical badge to that.

This isn't the NAAFI, I asked a legitimate question. If you don't know please stop wasting my fxxking time
In Finnish, ETA is the Initialism of Euroopan talousalue (“European Economic Area”).

Alternatively, the Greek symbol represents linear regression.

Another option, in oceanography, η is the measurement (usually in metres) of sea-level height above or below the mean sea-level at that same location.

All of the above are, IMHO, too tenuous to be credible. Maybe if you tell us where you found it, we can put some context to it.

It was on an email signature block next to the symbol for Extinction Rebellion and one for Climate Change

Latest Threads