Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

The latest eco-efficient double glazing has a remarkable gas inside the units. It's fantastic at trapping heat. Sulphur hexafluoride, it's called, and it has to be synthesised as it's not naturally occurring. It will not break down in the atmosphere for over 3000 years, and its Global Warming Potential in that time is something like 500,000 times what CO2 is.

And modern eco- houses are designed to last 30 years ?

The latest eco-efficient double glazing has a remarkable gas inside the units. It's fantastic at trapping heat. Sulphur hexafluoride, it's called, and it has to be synthesised as it's not naturally occurring. It will not break down in the atmosphere for over 3000 years, and its Global Warming Potential in that time is something like 500,000 times what CO2 is.
I actually had a wee spell window fitting with my mate in the period between Mr Tata making me redundant and Mr Gupta re-employing me (as I'm one of those lucky folk who's had a big redundy pay off and got my job back again). All the old style glass (which breaks into big sharp shards) gets recycled, however new stylee toughened safety glass (like in a car that breaks into tiny wee circles when you break it) gets hoofed into a skip and off to land fill as that type doesn't get recycled. Which is the type that I guess will have interesting gasses in it like you've mentioned.

Yes, once the scientists and engineers, using science and engineering and maths and stuff have fixed climate change. You know, all the hard stuff that the touchy-feely people can't cope with and so ignore.

They're going to fix something that's been going on for millions of years? Have they stopped to think that may perhaps cause a few other problems?

Anyhow, I'll take the climate kiddies seriously when they publically smash all their iPhones and iPads and refrain from ever using all that harmful tech again.

Lucas is on Ch4 news now, same old stuff it's all the fault of those nasty capitalists
Weird woman reminds me of a Romulan from Star Trek. Why is she so indulged?
portrait-of-caroline-lucas-green-mep-BF8AYD.jpg

Romulan.jpg

Best thing all the protesting young people could do for the poor earth is not to have children. While watching an episode of The Affair recently, one woman referred to the unborn baby of a pregnant woman as "a carbon bomb". A very apt description I think.

My friends have a daughter that just started school in Tunbridge Wells. Today the whole school was on a strike day, to protest about climate change. She is 4 years old.
We are actually resorting to closing schools so protests can be done, ultimately forcing young children into doing something that they don’t understand.
Who’s the protest too? What will it achieve? Apart from wasting a day of a child’s learning.
I bet most of the mums drove their kids to school for the protest. I bet most of them went abroad by plane for a summer holiday.
When did this world become so fecked up??

Last edited:
My friends has a daughter that just started school in Tunbridge Wells. Today the whole school was on a strike day, to protest about climate change. She is 4 years old.
We are actually resorting to closing schools so protests can be done, ultimately forcing young children into doing something that they don’t understand.
Who’s the protest too? What will it achieve? Apart from wasting a day of a child’s learning.
I bet most of the mums drove their kids to school for the protest. I bet most of them went abroad by plane for a summer holiday.
When did this world become so fecked up??

Have you met disgusted of Tunbridge Wells yet, they're as famous as Brenda from Bristol

According to the BBC "Millions of people around the world..." joined in the strike. Millions march against climate change worldwide

Now class, what is the population of the world? Divide millions into the population of the world and tell me what percentage that was, bonus points for showing your working...

Personally I walked into my managers office yesterday (for something work related} and said "So you don't care about the climate either then?". After the initial puzzled look and I had reminded him that it was the day of the big climate march and I was surprised he hadn't told us we could have the afternoon off to show solidarity, he turned back to his computer and muttered something about the way his schedule was going the world could end tomorrow and he'd still be three months late....

I took that to mean he had other priorities.

I wish whoever is really pulling the strings on Thunberg would take her home and stop using her as a sympathy puppet. She may get great copy with the lefty media but she's so far on the spectrum she has her own colour and her 'Angry Rage' at the UN just comes across as the result of failed acting lessons.

She doesn't exactly back up her arguments with the science either. Just rants.