Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

As I stated a few pages back, it's fitted with all kinds of automatic doodads and whatnots, electronic sail trimming and raising, automatic spinnaker launch and retrieval. The reason that the crew of 5 are flying to NY is because running a ship single handed is fucking tiring and stressful so more crew to take over shifts is a good thing.

Which is why I’m tres cynical about this ‘unsupported’ claim by Team Greta.

These yachts when they race have a huge support operation in train. Race and Rescue coordinations at a race HQ, charted support vessels and rescue tugs along the route, chartered aircraft provide air observation, friendly navies lay on ship and air support, all yachts race on AIS and in the event of an incident, the nearest yachts go to the assistance of the yacht in trouble.

But here we have team Greta saves the world, travelling AIS off and claiming to be 100% unsupported.

Awol

LE

These yachts when they race have a huge support operation in train. Race and Rescue coordinations at a race HQ, charted support vessels and rescue tugs along the route, chartered aircraft provide air observation, friendly navies lay on ship and air support, all yachts race on AIS and in the event of an incident, the nearest yachts go to the assistance of the yacht in trouble.

But here we have team Greta saves the world, travelling AIS off and claiming to be 100% unsupported.
It stopped a couple of days ago and very oddly did a tight circle. I expect there'll be a similar manoeuvre just before reaching the Azores..... to put her back on board.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

You had better lock and bar your doors and windows then draw the curtains - now that you have dissed St Greta you will be near the top of "The List"!

Been nice knowing you albeit briefly and online!

Last edited:

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Interesting article in the Times today regarding who and what is behind all this charade extolling the virtues and knowledge of a rather silly little girl.

Interesting article in the Times today regarding who and what is behind all this charade extolling the virtues and knowledge of a rather silly little girl.
Is this the article you are on about mate? Where lots of money to be made by various energy companies if all goes well. And of course plenty of hidden agendas seemed to be flagged up in this article.

Cheers

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Is this the article you are on about mate? Where lots of money to be made by various energy companies if all goes well. And of course plenty of hidden agendas seemed to be flagged up in this article.

Cheers

That's the one.

Dicky Ticker

War Hero
friendly navies lay on ship and air support....
Us Brits could be right on top of that one, we have an excellent maritime reconnaissance aircraft that could fly right out over the atlantic and coordinate a rescue....sorry, we what? Oh we scrapped them. Well haven't we got a replacement yet?

Us Brits could be right on top of that one, we have an excellent maritime reconnaissance aircraft that could fly right out over the atlantic and coordinate a rescue....sorry, we what? Oh we scrapped them. Well haven't we got a replacement yet?
Coming to Bonnie wee Scotland mid year 2020...(muffins here on rain swept Saturday at RIAT 2019)

7F00B46E-F0AE-4862-A985-441F24469406.jpeg

BigT

LE
Over twenty pages of men with too much time on their hands being triggered by a 16 year old girl, no wonder we lost the Empire.

Over twenty pages of men with too much time on their hands being triggered by a 16 year old girl, no wonder we lost the Empire.
I thought the part about the climate fear industry manipulating the media into focussing on a child to be particularly implausible.

Without deviating the thread, she’s just an average kid...not saying she turn out to be model material in a decade. Or turn out like her mother so in the light of another forum, am sure many Arrsers here would like to have tango whiskey with that plunge??

Cheers

85BA2059-918F-4AE2-8B7E-F8EDDD79C52D.jpeg

Without deviating the thread, she’s just an average kid...not saying she turn out to be model material in a decade. Or turn out like her mother so in the light of another forum, am sure many Arrsers here would like to have tango whiskey with that plunge??

Cheers

View attachment 411493
She looks like she should belong in a GILF thread not a MILF one

She is 49 born in 70 does not seem to age well...lest it’s trick of the light .

Cheers
I thought she was doing well for an 80 year old, trick of the light as you say

I thought she was doing well for an 80 year old, trick of the light as you say
Over a decade ago, Ben Dover and his buddy Pascale (The Bonking ) spit roasted a 76 year old for charity.

Anyhow, where is Her Highness st this point in time on the high seas??

Cheers

Latest Threads