Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Insulate - the usual collection of the professionally non employed ’activists’, social workers, teachers and council workers.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Well said.

Apologies for another anecdote; but I also worked for E.ON and our UK HQ in Cov was targeted by climate protestors who tied (and indeed glued) themselves to the building's main entrances.

One of the snr execs exfil'd by another route and later that day found himself sitting next to one of the protestors when flying back to Dusseldorf.
Poor use of opportunity, the exec should have glued the twat to his chair.

As a legitimate protest.

m25.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000679953139.jpg

LOTS of man made fibres on display here.
Amazon product
You could call it a Tinder date.

Apropros of nothing - If on stepping out of the landrover to ask them to move you you inadvertantly leave it in 1st low - which overpowers the handbrake - is that an unfortunate accident borne of their actions or negligence on your part?

offog

LE
Did they just march out in front of that HGV or some other lemming like behaviour?
At some point very soon one of these clowns will get really hurt and some one will have their lives ruined due to this stupidity.

It does remined me of the tactics the Russian used in Ukraine to stop the army moving in support of the police.

At some point very soon one of these clowns will get really hurt and some one will have their lives ruined due to this stupidity.

It does remined me of the tactics the Russian used in Ukraine to stop the army moving in support of the police.

More than a few deaths in the days of mass picketing. Too many people, too close to the traffic and a simple trip or slip.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

NSP

LE
An off shoot causing a nightmare this morning

I could've sworn being out of a vehicle on a motorway, except to walk along the shoulder to reach an emergency 'phone (in an emergency/breakdown), was a reportable offence, leading to a summons and being removed from the area subject to motorway regulations by HM Constabulary...

I could've sworn being out of a vehicle on a motorway, except to walk along the shoulder to reach an emergency 'phone (in an emergency/breakdown), was a reportable offence, leading to a summons and being removed from the area subject to motorway regulations by HM Constabulary...

They're on the roundabouts / slip roads above the motorways, which isn't the same as being on the motorway proper.

I remember scientists saying that by now, most of the Arctic will have melted. That was in the seventies.

Just out of interest, has Channel 4's very own John Snow commented about how many white people are in one place yet?

Melted? Weren't we all supposed to be under half a mile of ice by now?

NSP

LE
They're on the roundabouts / slip roads above the motorways, which isn't the same as being on the motorway proper.
Why report them as being "on the M25," then? As far as I know, once you cross that Give Way line at the top (or bottom, depending on arrangement) of the slip road you're off the motorway and outside the regulated zone. Lying media twats.

By the by, if they're on the sliproads then they're subject to motorway regulations, I presume, and the same applies. If they're on the roundabout then they should try not to trample the grass.

Answered my own question, its a junction:

edit:
I do like the signs asking people to turn their engines off... Yes, I can see that approach working, especially as only the first 4 or so cars can see them.

At least he asked them to move.

Why report them as being "on the M25," then? As far as I know, once you cross that Give Way line at the top (or bottom, depending on arrangement) of the slip road you're off the motorway and outside the regulated zone. Lying media twats.

Like the Daily Telegraph misidentifying anything tracked as a tank? I don't think it's necessarily dishonest reporting, and as soon as they block up there, it stacks up down onto the motorway via the slip road etc.

By the by, if they're on the sliproads then they're subject to motorway regulations, I presume, and the same applies. If they're on the roundabout then they should try not to trample the grass.

I don't think there's any dispute that Ziegler doesn't apply here anyway and therefore obstruction would apply, the Met and Surrey dragged them off one of the junctions pretty quickly. I heard the group had started gluing themselves too, but that's definitely hearsay - don't know for certain.

Latest Threads