Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Their website tells me; "From the 1st we will peacefully disrupt the UK Parliament in London,"
Much more to come it seems.
A MP (Ben Bradley) writes;
"Another colossal waste of @metpoliceuk's time and resources looking after lots of people who have the great luxury of clearly not needing to be at work, whilst they prevent others from getting to work "

Yokel

LE
I have a picture in my mind of well meaning but not very sensible protestors taking looking journeys to get to the protests in London or whether, egged on by a celebrity with a private jet that they used to fly in.

Some would go on a protest again the use of dihydrogen monoxide is someone arranged one.

Time for new laws to make protest organisers accountable and to pay back the cost to the tax payer, maybe a bond held before the protest is allowed ? the more police required the more it costs, so a peaceful protest is cheap and a violent one very, very expensive.

No different from any event organisers that are held legally liable.

Time for new laws to make protest organisers accountable and to pay back the cost to the tax payer, maybe a bond held before the protest is allowed ? the more police required the more it costs, so a peaceful protest is cheap and a violent one very, very expensive.

They just had that in New York state. Young woman got a permit to have a BLM protest, small turn out and peaceful.

Claimed racism when she got the bill for the police overtime. Didn't read the small print on the permit application.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

NSP

LE
A MP (Ben Bradley) writes;
"Another colossal waste of @metpoliceuk's time and resources looking after lots of people who have the great luxury of clearly not needing to be at work, whilst they prevent others from getting to work "
I like the cut of his jib!!

Slime

LE

The problem I see with that is while XR and BLM are awash with cash it could stop Mr and Mrs average from protesting against everyday issues.

NSP

LE
The problem I see with that is while XR and BLM are awash with cash it could stop Mr and Mrs average from protesting against everyday issues.
Speaking of which, why haven't any of the muppets organising this disruption been fined? I mean, if it's good enough for Piers Corbyn...

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

I very much doubt if Mr and Mrs average ever go as far as to organise such protest demonstrations.

Slime

LE
I very much doubt if Mr and Mrs average ever go as far as to organise such protest demonstrations.

Small scale protests are fairly common, as are processions etc.

Only major rallies or politically sensitive demonstrations make the headlines.

I also suspect that if policing had to be paid for then the likes of Sadiq Khan (via the Met) might see the cost of an anti congestion charge rally as being much higher than an anti POTUS Trump rally.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Speaking of which, why haven't any of the muppets organising this disruption been fined? I mean, if it's good enough for Piers Corbyn...
Maybe the XR wasters were properly socially distanced and the Corbyn moonhowlers were not? As I read it, Corbyn's protest was charged under the Covid restrictions.

Secret training video:

Latest Threads