Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Definition of insanity - trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result?

On paper communism will work, it's just when you introduce human beings to the model that it all goes pear shaped.
which is why global warmists like to do the experiment the once, get the result they want or fiddle it then claim it as gospel. or just make it up. the CO2 warming theory is over 120 years old and has NEVER been properly repeated with real atmospheric comparisons.

which is why Micheal mann (the climate one not the miami vice one) deleted his data when it was demanded by a senate committee.

hundreds of climate claims are unrepeatable which is what I was taught as the first rule of science - can I do that and get the same results.

hundreds of climate claims are unrepeatable which is what I was taught as the first rule of science - can I do that and get the same results.
I though the first rule of climate science was to do the experiment, then interpret the data to fit the agenda?

One of the biggest problems I have with all the eco science stuff is how they show you a graph and then tell you the doom and gloom, yet if you take the same graph and expand it out a bit the doom and gloom suddenly becomes "well what happened here or here and why is that different"?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I though the first rule of climate science was to do the experiment, then interpret the data to fit the agenda?

One of the biggest problems I have with all the eco science stuff is how they show you a graph and then tell you the doom and gloom, yet if you take the same graph and expand it out a bit the doom and gloom suddenly becomes "well what happened here or here and why is that different"?
it is shocking when they only way they can justify what they claim is to remove the bits they do not like.

since records began is fine but they lie about which records or indeed when they began.

there is very little science in climate science just an awful lot of agenda - and money.

A good letter in the latest Spectator.

All very well for the old dogs who know the ropes, but not so helpful for the young ones who are learning their way – there are only so many emails/phone calls you can make to colleagues to say: what do I do now/how should I approach this; very different from an office environment where you can just sidle up to somebody’s desk, or ask while making coffee.
Or the old dogs who are learning new tricks.

I was at the beginning phase of getting into 3D modelling to produce structural drawings instead of 2D cad. I've not taken to it brilliantly but have built up a basic skillset.
The very competent and patient guy mentoring me used to sit next to me all day and I could easily nudge him at any time for guidance. In a short space of time I've gone from 2 to 3 times a day asking a question to weeks where I'd not need help. The problem being I'd only worked on ongoing jobs that were already set up.

In March we were discussing the next decent project that comes in will be the one where he does a walk through, talk through on setting up the project from scratch to bring me up to a level that a Technician would require.

I've been on furlough since April and it's now not possible to do that, and worryingly theres no new projects coming in either.
I face possible redundancy and am still at a level that will hinder finding new employment at my level, theres going to be a lot of younger, more able technicians out there as direct competition.

Working from home is great, but you lose out on direct training, the same must be true for graduate engineers fresh from Uni with very little knowledge about the industry.

Maybe they and Greta should read this gentleman’s book

Michael Shellenberger Is or was hippie environmentalist in his youth ..but his views and opinions that there’s a lot of stirring up. In short he has stated Some solutions to what is going on and what we been thinking.

cheers

Maybe they and Greta should read this gentleman’s book

Michael Shellenberger Is or was hippie environmentalist in his youth ..but his views and opinions that there’s a lot of stirring up. In short he has stated Some solutions to what is going on and what we been thinking.

cheers
The Greens have gone off the deep end about him. They are very very upset with him going off script and being sensible.
Interestingly, remember Zion Lights, who turned up on the BBC during the XR protests last summer and got absolutely shredded by Andrew Neil?
Seems she defected from XR to Environmental Progress, which is run by Shellenberger.

The Greens have gone off the deep end about him. They are very very upset with him going off script and being sensible.
Interestingly, remember Zion Lights, who turned up on the BBC during the XR protests last summer and got absolutely shredded by Andrew Neil?
Seems she defected from XR to Environmental Progress, which is run by Shellenberger.
That was one of the funniest bits of telly I have ever seen.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Extinction Rebellion splinter group "Beyond Politics" vandalised Lib Dem HQ yesterday. They have now gone on the rampage and vandalised other party HQs, including that of the Green Party. Are XR fans going to wake up and realise the sort of nutters they have been fawning over?

View attachment 497001

View attachment 497003
Eco-Loons Vandalise Tory, Labour, Lib Dem, and Green Party HQs - Guido Fawkes
The extinction rebellion people can now be proud of what they have produced.

Extinction Rebellion splinter group "Beyond Politics" vandalised Lib Dem HQ yesterday. They have now gone on the rampage and vandalised other party HQs, including that of the Green Party. Are XR fans going to wake up and realise the sort of nutters they have been fawning over?

View attachment 497001

View attachment 497003
Pink paint that's racist, don't they know that only black paint matters!

Pink paint that's racist, don't they know that only black paint matters!
Protesting against industry and chemicals by using chemicals produced by industry...
Also they wear clothes and shoes made in factories. How is this supposed to demonstrate a "better" way?
It obviously has bugger all to do with the environment.

Protesting against industry and chemicals by using chemicals produced by industry...
Also they wear clothes and shoes made in factories. How is this supposed to demonstrate a "better" way?
It obviously has bugger all to do with the environment.
And they wouldn't get far without their social media and mobile phones.

Extinction Rebellion splinter group "Beyond Politics" vandalised Lib Dem HQ yesterday. They have now gone on the rampage and vandalised other party HQs, including that of the Green Party. Are XR fans going to wake up and realise the sort of nutters they have been fawning over?...…
I think the majority might mean well but they're naïve and gullible. Makes it easy for extremists to move in with their own agenda. It's happened before with "animal rights" etc.

I think this Beyond Politics mob is the work of Roger Hallam, long time eco warrior.

He's been pushed out/to the margins of XR after making some rather dodgy comments about the holocaust.

I think this Beyond Politics mob is the work of Roger Hallam, long time eco warrior.

He's been pushed out/to the margins of XR after making some rather dodgy comments about the holocaust.
Perhaps he'll join the Labour Party they like those sort of comments
labourpalestine-e1506612903830-640x400.png

View attachment 497001

View attachment 497003
So far just Guido picking up on this.I don't see it on the other outlets?

Slightly remiss of me to post up more intel from my first neck of the woods And for sure it’s the naked truth ...

F96FB684-82CA-4ED8-A9A7-FBFE31B42573.jpeg

Protesting on the college grounds albeit birthday suits ...I was out of town that day otherwise I’d whipped my long lens out .

Then in the dock over February’s fracas, this week.

And duly charged
E3654935-2F7D-4162-8710-32E31506F35C.png

Slightly remiss of me to post up more intel from my first neck of the woods And for sure it’s the naked truth ...

View attachment 498636

Protesting on the college grounds albeit birthday suits ...I was out of town that day otherwise I’d whipped my long lens out .

Then in the dock over February’s fracas, this week.

And duly charged View attachment 498637
Wristwatches and face masks don't grow on trees = Fail.
1598014583457.png
1598014670457.png

Latest Threads