Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

And you're talking of deportations after they've done something wrong. The original bit was about not letting them in before they've done something wrong here.
aka not letting them in AFTER they've done something naughty not here.

don't feel bad. If it's any consolation i feel we should have a system that restricts our a*seholes leaving our shores.

been to prison? No passport. Bosh. Job jobbed.

That weakness is what they will exploit as far as they can go and eventually you will be forced to intervene late and when their numbers are emboldened... Enjoy.
Sooner or later Joe Public will start taking the law into his own hands if this goes on, some pissed off commuters, white van persons and taxi drivers in Bristol?

Slime

LE
Are you assuming the boats gender?
Not that I’ve noticed. You you somehow think colour has something to do with gender?

What gender do you think white people are?

Sooner or later Joe Public will start taking the law into his own hands if this goes on, some pissed off commuters, white van persons and taxi drivers in Bristol?
5 x pissed-off commuters v scruffy herbert with hand superglued to train carriage?
And interesting tug-of-war that would be

Put car in first, hazards and horn.

Who's going to blink first?

Or just sit there reving the balls off your car, air con on.

Shouting 30 minute drive or hours say here, your call.

What are you basing that on, your extensive public order policing experience?
As I said they’d be shooting themselves in the foot if they escalated to violence or proper property damage as they currently enjoy substantial public support which they’d lose. It’d also give police far more options to get stuck in as they’re peaceful protesting is what is currently protecting them.
I base it on human nature. You seem oblivious to the idea that giving someone licence to break the law and failing to act, will inevitably lead to escalation which will likely lead to a worse situation.

I understand exactly what is going on here and mildly concerned you seem to want to defend it.... The job of the police and courts is to enforce the law (heard it enough times from the legal eagles on here) and preserve the ideal that in a democracy, you garner change through the ballot box and not the street.

I would hope not, a section of our community and police may well want to bin what made us great, but the majority should act within the law and set an example.

UORMan

War Hero
Friend was a witness at court in London the other month. At the same time, a Romanian, with already 3 charges for burglary was trying to change the times of his curfew. Legal Aid Lawyer and Interpreter there for 3 hours. Why do we not just deport him back to Romania and block him from returning.
As for ER, easy solution is to set up a mobile court. March them in, read out the charge, find them guilty, swipe of credit card and out the door. Could all be down in 15 minutes max. Bugger their Uman rights, they lost those when they illegally blocked the queens highway

"After marching to Briggate, the protesters dropped to the floor and pretended to be dead in a mass 'die-in'. "

If only...
I dont suppose an Arrser can go and assist them by donating kool aid** to keep them hydrated in the heatwave.

**For the Pedants I know it wasn't kool aid but the misattribution has become the defining expression

I base it on human nature. You seem oblivious to the idea that giving someone licence to break the law and failing to act, will inevitably lead to escalation which will likely lead to a worse situation.

I understand exactly what is going on here and mildly concerned you seem to want to defend it.... The job of the police and courts is to enforce the law (heard it enough times from the legal eagles on here) and preserve the ideal that in a democracy, you garner change through the ballot box and not the street.
This lot are trying for the street option!

When you've got plod run by Common Purpose Marxists, one has to wonder whether their aim is to encourage lawlessness to break down social cohesion

Friend was a witness at court in London the other month. At the same time, a Romanian, with already 3 charges for burglary was trying to change the times of his curfew. Legal Aid Lawyer and Interpreter there for 3 hours. Why do we not just deport him back to Romania and block him from returning.
3rd time?

no excuse.

curfew changed to 'not allowed in UK before 2119AD '. take him to the nearest airport and fly back to Romania.

IIRC John maser's fine book about protesters holding up a railway station where he platoon commander ordered his men to 'stand at ease' and then to piss on the recumbent protesters who quickly left after 30 odd tallywhackers let fly and drenched said group = no more protest just an reek of honest soldiers relief

In the film Bhowani Junction, (based on John Masters books) I seem to recall they also got a lot of untouchables to throw buckets of s**t on the high caste protestors with a similar effect. :)

For the one-track minded amongst you, a few years ago Michael Gove stated "Inside the EU we have to accept that anyone with an EU passport, even if they have a criminal record, can breeze into Britain."
As he was then quite a prominent leaver, his views echo the Arrserati.
So they asked a Home Official for the actual numbers.

The reply back in 2012 was "A Home Office spokesman got back to us and said: "Since 2010, we have denied entry to over 100,000 people, including over 6,500 EU nationals."

In 2012 a new treaty on sharing criminal records among EU police and border forces (including UK) came into force.
Would be interesting to see any updated figures on the number of exclusions (not all right wing idiots like Wilders) which makes the "good luck on banning anyone else though" comment yet another obsessive fantasy.

Of course, everyone complied with their obligations....

Spanish child killer hired as teaching assistant by Oxford primary school unaware of her past

Nope.

What do you do if people with no connection to the protests are in the "kettle and they're refused exit"? You break open the piggy bank because it's going to cost a lot of money when the force is sued.
Yes they can. The Met won their case in the Court of Appeal and in the ECHR for it being a legitimate tactic in the right circumstances.

Latest Threads