Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

Not really, nuclear power doesn't produce carbon dioxide as a waste product and therefore is probably the only realistic option for large scale electricity generation that doesn't involve fossil fuels.

Her going to work for Shell or BP would be a proper renunciation of extinction rebellion's position.
What about the nuclear waste, that we still have a problem with, as it will still be dangerous when all of us on this site will be pushing up daisy's.

What about the nuclear waste, that we still have a problem with, as it will still be dangerous when all of us on this site will be pushing up daisy's.
What about it? I didn't say that nuclear power is perfect, just that it doesn't conflict with extinction rebellion's moaning about atmospheric carbon dioxide.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
NMFP.

What about it? I didn't say that nuclear power is perfect, just that it doesn't conflict with extinction rebellion's moaning about atmospheric carbon dioxide.
Yes it does. It contributes nothing, nothing I tell you, towards the downfall of capitalism

That's the most hilarious thing I've seen since weeks.

How funny it'll be having CCJ's, or Bailiffs popping around for coffee, as they walk away with your TV, car & Laptop

I'm sure all the poor working class people will love the wealthy chattering XR dinner parties discussing their recent evictions.

Lucky little Poppy doesn't have to pay Mummy & Daddy ghastly rent. That's for other people
What I do find amusing is that in 5 years when the students have grown up a bit, decided protesting is for ******* and need a loan/mortgage/credit card and get told to **** off.
Even though non payments only show on credit reports for 6 years, finance companies are also aware that a lack of credit after the 6 year point is also an indicator that you have fucked up in the past.

What I do find amusing is that in 5 years when the students have grown up a bit, decided protesting is for ******* and need a loan/mortgage/credit card and get told to **** off.
Even though non payments only show on credit reports for 6 years, finance companies are also aware that a lack of credit after the 6 year point is also an indicator that you have fucked up in the past.
An interesting experiment would be to go onto the studentrooms website
Maybe look around 7-8 years ago...

Perhaps a spoof thread about "dogging" and walking a dog...where several tied themselves in knots trying to defend a bullshit premise...
Baited by several arrsers.

I wonder where they are all now??

Last edited:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Can't find it.
Link ?

mcphee1948

War Hero
The radioactive waste from nuclear power-stations is obviously a problem.
But couldn't the problem be solved by dropping the waste into a site deep in the Ocean. Such as the Mariana Trench. This is a big capacious trench which could safely accept centuries of atomic waste in its bottom.

Its bottom is over ten miles below the surface of the sea. Thus atomic waste deposited in it, would be covered by a layer of ten miles of water. This immensely thick shield could not be penetrated by any radiation to molest us.

So, why isn't this simple and obvious solution being adopted?

The radioactive waste from nuclear power-stations is obviously a problem.
But couldn't the problem be solved by dropping the waste into a site deep in the Ocean. Such as the Mariana Trench. This is a big capacious trench which could safely accept centuries of atomic waste in its bottom.

Its bottom is over ten miles below the surface of the sea. Thus atomic waste deposited in it, would be covered by a layer of ten miles of water. This immensely thick shield could not be penetrated by any radiation to molest us.

So, why isn't this simple and obvious solution being adopted?
Godzilla wouldn't like it. Ghidorah, on the other hand, is OK with it. :thumleft: :thumleft:
Godzilla resize.jpg

Slime

LE
Today XR protesters scaled the walls of the main Bristol council building and started a protest on the roof about poor air quality.

They say they will stay there until the council promise to reduce pollution levels.

I couldn’t help thinking it was a shame that most of the buildings in front of them are too far for air rifle pellets to reach the protesters.

Today XR protesters scaled the walls of the main Bristol council building and started a protest on the roof about poor air quality.

They say they will stay there until the council promise to reduce pollution levels.

I couldn’t help thinking it was a shame that most of the buildings in front of them are too far for air rifle pellets to reach the protesters.
Leave em there until they get bored. Alternatively, rain & storms tomorrow & Saturday, so...

Slime

LE

At least the statues are safe for the moment!

offog

LE

Two things spring to mind.
A. due to the lockdown there have been a lot less vehicle miles and so pollution has dropped
B. just how do they think the local council will be able to reduce pollution, close all factories, close the county off from the rest of the county, stop the wind blowing from the west.