Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

BlackDyke

War Hero
Unless they are some foreign johnnies of course.
"Sedition by an alien is still an offence under section 3 of the Aliens Restriction (Amendment) Act 1919"
True, however sedition is a dead duck in the same way as treason.
That these people are spreading fear due to their huge hatred of Tories/Boris is disgusting to witness.
Hopefully XR will get somewhat more of a short shrift if they start p*ssing about again when this is all over.
Maybe just wishful thinking...

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I notice XR are doing absolutely nothing about the eruption in Yogyarkata. which is spewing pollution all over the place.

We need to listen to the good Dr, I mean he's a doctor and everything! Let me look him up to see if he's a Doctor of immune systems or virus studies. Oh Read is currently a reader in philosophy at the University of East Anglia. Nothing to do with medicine whatsoever, who'd have thunk it.
You misjudge him. He's an expert n that area of key interest to health professionals at the moment, namely PPE.

Because that was the subject he read at Balliol, leading to his interest in that well known epidemiologist Wittengstein.

([Wittgenstein] was queer [old usage], and his notions seemed to me odd, so that for a whole term I could not make up my mind whether he was a man of genius or merely an eccentric. At the end of his first term at Cambridge he came to me and said: “Will you please tell me whether I am a complete idiot or not?” I replied, “My dear fellow, I don’t know. Why are you asking me?” He said, “Because, if I am a complete idiot, I shall become an aeronaut; but, if not, I shall become a philosopher.” I told him to write me something during the vacation on some philosophical subject and I would then tell him whether he was complete idiot or not. At the beginning of the following term he brought me the fulfillment of this suggestion. After reading only one sentence, I said to him: “No, you must not become an aeronaut.” And he didn’t. ------ Bertrand Russell]

You misjudge him. He's an expert n that area of key interest to health professionals at the moment, namely PPE.

Because that was the subject he read at Balliol, leading to his interest in that well known epidemiologist Wittengstein.

([Wittgenstein] was queer [old usage], and his notions seemed to me odd, so that for a whole term I could not make up my mind whether he was a man of genius or merely an eccentric. At the end of his first term at Cambridge he came to me and said: “Will you please tell me whether I am a complete idiot or not?” I replied, “My dear fellow, I don’t know. Why are you asking me?” He said, “Because, if I am a complete idiot, I shall become an aeronaut; but, if not, I shall become a philosopher.” I told him to write me something during the vacation on some philosophical subject and I would then tell him whether he was complete idiot or not. At the beginning of the following term he brought me the fulfillment of this suggestion. After reading only one sentence, I said to him: “No, you must not become an aeronaut.” And he didn’t. ------ Bertrand Russell]
On the bright side, cnuts like this will shortly become an endangered species.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
It did require some teeth gritting at certain points. If I was looking for a parallel Sinn Feins sudden enthusiasm for the EU post Brexit Referendum is a functional one.
The less charitable might suggest that such enthusiasm for a semi-open EU/UK border might be due to the benefit it would afford to those who traditionally fund their "alternative activities" by a number of shady methods, including the movement of dutiable items from one nation to another without the official sanction of the revenue collectors concerned.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
On the bright side, cnuts like this will shortly become an endangered species.
They are already endangered, but their increase in rarity is proportional to their proximity to the danger.

The less charitable might suggest that such enthusiasm for a semi-open EU/UK border might be due to the benefit it would afford to those who traditionally fund their "alternative activities" by a number of shady methods, including the movement of dutiable items from one nation to another without the official sanction of the revenue collectors concerned.
SF's position on the EU prior to the referendum was that the EU was a capitalist corporate entity (thats not exact but roughly correct I think). Post brexit, well you have seen what they have been saying. The "business model" is based on opportunity and is divorced from the political stance.

Looks like XR are getting into the Coronavirus fake news business, I thought the government was supposed to be cracking down on this sort of crap

That face with its weak little undershot jaw is something I'd never tire of kicking.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
SF's position on the EU prior to the referendum was that the EU was a capitalist corporate entity (thats not exact but roughly correct I think). Post brexit, well you have seen what they have been saying. The "business model" is based on opportunity and is divorced from the political stance.
In the same way Sinn Fein is divorced from PIRA, and PIRA is totally divorced from the "breakaway groups."

tgo

Old-Salt
Speaking for myself it's close enough to my definition of sedition to be just that.
Unfortunately I have just found out the offence of sedition was abolished some time ago.
I reckon the closest we'll get to that with this lot would be if they overextend and get listed as a
extremist ideology again. This should be encouraged. :)

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I reckon the closest we'll get to that with this lot would be if they overextend and get listed as a
extremist ideology again. This should be encouraged. :)
The Babylon could always change their mind back again afterwards.

True, however sedition is a dead duck in the same way as treason.
That these people are spreading fear due to their huge hatred of Tories/Boris is disgusting to witness.
Hopefully XR will get somewhat more of a short shrift if they start p*ssing about again when this is all over.
Maybe just wishful thinking...
Boris has some time on his hands.Perhaps he is dreaming up some new laws as we type?

Was waiting see if the mongs would surface during this time in the neighbourhood ....and am right. Nowt like flaunting the rules, and going out to deface wall when All hell is breaking Loose. Hope to hell (may not like them but would not wish) they do not contract corona ....otherwise god knows now many conceivably be infected.

Was waiting see if the mongs would surface during this time in the neighbourhood ....and am right. Nowt like flaunting the rules, and going out to deface wall when All hell is breaking Loose. Hope to hell (may not like them but would not wish) they do not contract corona ....otherwise god knows now many conceivably be infected.

They’re demanding that Cambridge University cut all ties with fossil fuel companies. IIRC an offer to turn of the Gas central heating was not received well...

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
The cnuts are back.

boils my piss it does.
Looks like the Babylon in the background deploying to break a few skulls for a non-essential journey.

Latest Threads