Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
... and that brings us back to a point I made earlier. The softly softly, stand back, hands off approach ordered by the current crop of political Police chiefs is squandering the support and goodwill of the public earned the hard way the front line officers who have dealt with the last few terrorist attacks.

If the lower ranks of teh police can see and understand this then it must be communicated to the muppets currently in charge. You can only police by consent if the public is on your side...
Exactly right, and sadly the political bias of police chiefs seems to be firmly rooted in the days of the unions and their ambitions again appear to be to move upward into ermine or to a political career. My first Chief Constable, Frederick Drayton-Porter- had risen in the traditional way. No police college or suchlike. He was an old time thief taker. Perhaps it is the college that produces the indoctrination nowadays.

Exactly right, and sadly the political bias of police chiefs seems to be firmly rooted in the days of the unions and their ambitions again appear to be to move upward into ermine or to a political career. My first Chief Constable, Frederick Drayton-Porter- had risen in the traditional way. No police college or suchlike. He was an old time thief taker. Perhaps it is the college that produces the indoctrination nowadays.
Remind me who created the un needed CofP and how the vast majority of rank and file cops refuse to sign up or agree to pay annual fees that are being mooted.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Remind me who created the un needed CofP and how the vast majority of rank and file cops refuse to sign up or agree to pay annual fees that are being mooted.
I have to say that I know very little about it. I've been out 25 years, and during my time it was Bramshill for high flyers. We plebs did our training at regional centres; mine was Eynsham Hall in Oxon.

My guess is that the (non-)leaders of XR are few in number (possibly the bespectacled little oik mentioned previously) and Cambridge is local enough for them not to have to pay for lodging while they disrupt people.
Said Oik is nearly always with a yellow cycle helmet clipped to his waist.

... and that brings us back to a point I made earlier. The softly softly, stand back, hands off approach ordered by the current crop of political Police chiefs is squandering the support and goodwill of the public earned the hard way by the front line officers who have dealt with the last few terrorist attacks.

If the lower ranks of the police can see and understand this then it must be communicated to the muppets currently in charge. You can only police by consent if the public is on your side...
You can only enforce the laws which politicians make. The public media's constant demand for knee-jerk legislation has produced a host of ill-conceived and badly-constructed laws which turn out not only to be unenforceable. but frequently run counter to the purpose for which they were enacted.

It seems somewhat churlish to castgate the coppers on the ground for simply enforcing stupid laws made by stupid politicians voted in by stupid people.

Do you see the pattern there that needs to be broken?

On top of the police federation subs?
Two totally separate organisations. CofP is trying to be a professional body that mandates authorised policy and procedure, with a licence to police, similar to other professional bodies.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
As I predicted.
I see that it's gone from 10 years to save the earth to 11, maybe they don't really have confidence in their own predictions

I see that it's gone from 10 years to save the earth to 11, maybe they don't really have confidence in their own predictions
I predicted the fact that she would be nicked and remanded to court, nothing else.

offog

LE
And some people will not accept it is built on a lie.

offog

LE
They'd better put in place some laws to sort out all these scumbags, PDQ........

That's clever of them. Can't be many exits from that building. So they have locked themselves in a prison and all we need do is put someone on the door and turn off the electricity and water.

A perfect example of the lack of critical thinking beyond the next 5 minutes.

Latest Threads