Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Clearly then, if a peaceful protest was to be held in a court room the judiciary would take a similar view.
Or outside the personal residences of the judges who came to this very sound and just decision.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
XR think they are being clever by using the law against the police.

They won't think they're so clever when an angry public demand the government change the law and the protestors find themselves being dragged away by their hair.

Sometimes it's possible to be too clever.
Unfortunately the population would never think of actually demanding change and the politicians would not do so in case of losing votes.

Anyone note that seven of the tree hugging anarchists got lifted yesterday (including our RA chum one would presume as he superglued himself to a police van). And lo,today there has been no further satellite protests, that have been threatened. At least so far, but its gone 1700, so they're leaving it a bit late.

It's almost like they only have a small band of true believers, and they're all helping the Police with their enquiries.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Anyone note that seven of the tree hugging anarchists got lifted yesterday (including our RA chum one would presume as he superglued himself to a police van). And lo,today there has been no further satellite protests, that have been threatened. At least so far, but its gone 1700, so they're leaving it a bit late.

It's almost like they only have a small band of true believers, and they're all helping the Police with their enquiries.
Well, they did semi occupy Shire Hall and initially tried to disrupt the transport meeting, but they were spoken to and seem to have settled down.
Interestingly, a group calling itself Anti- XR has sprung into being and (according to FB) given notice that they intend to peacefully demonstrate opposition to XR. I'll not hold my breath but will watch with interest.

Awol

LE
But in the meantime, they will continue to skirt up to the point that the law allows. The public will continue to berate the police and not bother doing any research as to why they are constrained.

This organisation don’t really care about being arrested. As we have seen, thousands of them are happy to go to court and plead not guilty.

When legislation eventually gets through Parliament, we will then be faced with the fact that not enough police exist to enforce it and not enough cells exist to facilitate it and way too many Magistrates Courts have been closed to process them.
Heavy on the spot fine. Job jobbed. No court time, no incarceration, just a BFO penalty.

And again the next day, and the day after that if necessary.

Well, they did semi occupy Shire Hall and initially tried to disrupt the transport meeting, but they were spoken to and seem to have settled down.
Interestingly, a group calling itself Anti- XR has sprung into being and (according to FB) given notice that they intend to peacefully demonstrate opposition to XR. I'll not hold my breath but will watch with interest.
Couldn't find a link to them.

But I did find:

Something something bringing the university into disrepute?

Edit:
Same bloke at the Science park event a few weeks ago? (and look whose speaking to the group outlining their plans)

Heavy on the spot fine. Job jobbed. No court time, no incarceration, just a BFO penalty.

And again the next day, and the day after that if necessary.
And when they inevitably refuse to pay?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Couldn't find a link to them.

But I did find:

Something something bringing the university into disrepute?

Edit:
Same bloke at the Science park event a few weeks ago? (and look whose speaking to the group outlining their plans)
The thread I saw was on FB, and could even have been mixed in with th threads on the A14 Bar Hill ones. They carry a load of vitriol too.

Maybe that's a Harry Potter lookalike? I'll get my grandson ( the 16 year old one) to have a look. He knows all sort of strange people.
That thatch of hair looks familiar but I can't put a name to it, unless it is the beret wearing Bell bloke.

After a bit of research I know where the money comes from.
Apple selling this the XR phone

519KIlHA2wL._AC_SY445_.jpg

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just read on the Cambridge News site that a woman was arrested for robbery at the Shire Hall protest, and 3 who were nicked for the Trinity college thing have been banned from Cambridgeshire. I'm searching for a link

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

Latest Threads