Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

I'm wondering if the response in Cambridge this week is a deliberate ploy. Given that hard policing in London didn't work, courts saying the police were wrong, judges praising the activists for their firmly held beliefs blah blah is it time for a softly softly approach? Leave them, having made diversions, let them into buildings, no resistance. They'll get fed up of no one fighting back.

I'm wondering if the response in Cambridge this week is a deliberate ploy. Given that hard policing in London didn't work, courts saying the police were wrong, judges praising the activists for their firmly held beliefs blah blah is it time for a softly softly approach? Leave them, having made diversions, let them into buildings, no resistance. They'll get fed up of no one fighting back.
Better still, take the day off and let the general public police the protest.

A D notice would be funny, just banning any reporting of their activities

Better would be for XR to blockade the homes and offices of the senior police officers, judiciary and politicians. Inconvniencing Joe Public isn't doing their cause any good, those that they want to hear their message don't give a **** about us. They're targetting the wrong people.

Better would be for XR to blockade the homes and offices of the senior police officers, judiciary and politicians. Inconvniencing Joe Public isn't doing their cause any good, those that they want to hear their message don't give a **** about us. They're targetting the wrong people.
You are a very naughty boy and absolutely bang on the money.... On the programme, they're were shouting at individual officers to defect and cross over and join the protestors like a latter day romanian conscript(89). To do what, is not discussed...... The fundamental ideology is wrong. People are not a silent majority in favour of them. When they're realise that, the cultish behaviour will become more eccentric, I fear the next iteration..

XR suicide bombers is probably the end game, if they can't get what they want by stamping their feet loudly there is nowhere else to go

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
XR suicide bombers is probably the end game, if they can't get what they want by stamping their feet loudly there is nowhere else to go
Tarquin doesn't like that attitude.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
As XR claim to have no leaders, (nor anyone to administer the money that some people are receiving for demonstrating, but that's another subject,) there's no way of knowing who the actual supporters are.

Therefore if a group of people with XR placards, dress and chants were to blockade the homes and offices of the senior police officers, judiciary and politicians, the non-existent leadership wouldn't be able to deny that these weren't official XR protests.

There's also the possibility that there might be a change in attitude in how those who claim to control the forces of law and order deal with these types of actions.

Just a thought...

All those chemicals and rapidly expanding greenhouse gases, not for XR I feel...is there an environmentally friendly Plastic Explosive?

As XR claim to have no leaders, (nor anyone to administer the money that some people are receiving for demonstrating, but that's another subject,) there's no way of knowing who the actual supporters are.

Therefore if a group of people with XR placards, dress and chants were to blockade the homes and offices of the senior police officers, judiciary and politicians, the non-existent leadership wouldn't be able to deny that these weren't official XR protests.

There's also the possibility that there might be a change in attitude in how those who claim to control the forces of law and order deal with these types of actions.

Just a thought...
General Sir Frank Kitson walt.

Awol

LE
It's almost as if the police are saying to the courts, 'You want hands off? You've got hands off, let's see who well that works out'.

Just a thought...
A cunning plan but I think you might be rumbled pretty quickly as you wouldn't be able to maintain a credible level of lunacy.

I suppose you could take a variety of recreational pharmaceuticals and start having a conversation with a banana. Only issue then is you might start agreeing with the morons you're impersonating.

Awol

LE

Just a thought...
If they have no leaders, how can they have spokespersons?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
As XR claim to have no leaders, (nor anyone to administer the money that some people are receiving for demonstrating, but that's another subject,) there's no way of knowing who the actual supporters are.....
Interesting point. Can't be arrsed looking for myself, is XR a registered charity?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
A cunning plan but I think you might be rumbled pretty quickly as you wouldn't be able to maintain a credible level of lunacy.
Playing suicide freckles, murderball and docking is now considered normal behaviour ?

Latest Threads