Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

The icing on the cake was the one girl screaming "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?" as she finally realised that anger is a perfectly natural human emotion.
I suspect after the Tube Station re-education of two XR ********* last year, that more due diligence will be taken in choosing where to protest and in what format.

It's interesting that although the guy had broke up the line across the street, she then felt is was OK to continue her protest by standing in the middle of the X-roads.

I find it mind numbing how they feel that their cause trumps people going about their way.
Protesting is one thing, but civil obedience is another

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I've just had an e mail from our Faculty Sec about a possible occupation by XR. Following advice given;
he steps are as follows:

1. If there is an unauthorised occupation of premises, or it is believed that such an occupation is planned, an immediate call should be made to the University Security Control Centre (31818 or emergency – 101). This will ensure that key staff in Security and in the University are made aware and can take necessary steps.
2. Inform Security of the following:
· Address of the occupation
· Owner and purpose of the building and any special features
· Time the occupation occurred
· Approximately how many people are occupying
· Whether there are any vehicles present
· If there is any damage, violence or unruly behaviour
3. Communications. Initially a senior member of the Faculty or the Security Section (if out of office hours) should communicate with the occupiers. No agreement should be made with the occupiers by anyone in the Faculty. Only members of the Office of External Affairs and Communications should comment to anyone outside the University or with representatives of the student media.
4. Health and safety. Where the protest/occupation is in breach of any health and safety requirements the occupiers should be informed immediately.
5. Physical security. It will not usually be appropriate for staff/legitimate visitors to remain in occupied premises. If an occupation occurs, please wait until a member of Security turns up so that an appropriate plan can be agreed. Then, before leaving the premises, ensure all areas are secured where possible and take any essential personal belongings. No-one should try to force their way back into a building and an aggressive position should not be taken by any individual.

I did ask if I should bring my shotgun in to work but was turned down.

I suspect a good way to deal with these people would be, if home addresses could be obtained, blockade them in their house and do not allow entry or exit to anyone. Although I already know that one of these ……...persons is a 2nd year student at Kings.

I've just had an e mail from our Faculty Sec about a possible occupation by XR. Following advice given;
he steps are as follows:

1. If there is an unauthorised occupation of premises, or it is believed that such an occupation is planned, an immediate call should be made to the University Security Control Centre (31818 or emergency – 101). This will ensure that key staff in Security and in the University are made aware and can take necessary steps.
2. Inform Security of the following:
· Address of the occupation
· Owner and purpose of the building and any special features
· Time the occupation occurred
· Approximately how many people are occupying
· Whether there are any vehicles present
· If there is any damage, violence or unruly behaviour
3. Communications. Initially a senior member of the Faculty or the Security Section (if out of office hours) should communicate with the occupiers. No agreement should be made with the occupiers by anyone in the Faculty. Only members of the Office of External Affairs and Communications should comment to anyone outside the University or with representatives of the student media.
4. Health and safety. Where the protest/occupation is in breach of any health and safety requirements the occupiers should be informed immediately.
5. Physical security. It will not usually be appropriate for staff/legitimate visitors to remain in occupied premises. If an occupation occurs, please wait until a member of Security turns up so that an appropriate plan can be agreed. Then, before leaving the premises, ensure all areas are secured where possible and take any essential personal belongings. No-one should try to force their way back into a building and an aggressive position should not be taken by any individual.

I did ask if I should bring my shotgun in to work but was turned down.

I suspect a good way to deal with these people would be, if home addresses could be obtained, blockade them in their house and do not allow entry or exit to anyone. Although I already know that one of these ……...persons is a 2nd year student at Kings.
They didn't say no to your PIAT though.

I suspect there's some departments in the University, science for example, if they occupied it by accident, might have a robust response, as there's some unpleasantness kicking about.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

I suspect there's some departments in the University, science for example, if they occupied it by accident, might have a robust response, as there's some unpleasantness kicking about.
Engineering would be good too, they provide most of the gorillas for rugby and sailing. Sadly, we are Law, and we all know that the law is powerless in the face of these righteous people.

Be nasty if they stumbled into a lab with some nasty biological experiment going on....

Engineering would be good too, they provide most of the gorillas for rugby and sailing. Sadly, we are Law, and we all know that the law is powerless in the face of these righteous people.
Give each of them a letter. Charge them for this letter at standard lawyers fees, that'll learn them.

Be nasty if they stumbled into a lab with some nasty biological experiment going on....
Biology? Pile of poo, it would take weeks to develop symptoms.

Butanoic acid is your ideal crowd removal agent as in its concentrated form it is just about powerful enough to develop blisters but not deep tissue damage.

That is a local effect compared to the area effect of smelling like the worst vomit you have ever encountered, coupled with a heady whiff of rancid cheese, stale socks and a slight hint of rotten fish.

Seriously, I have emptied corridors of people just by standing at one end, taking the stopper off a bottle for 5 seconds and replacing the stopper. I don't know what the neat liquid splashed on people's clothing (not eyes, that would be dangerous) would do but I would pay good money to watch the reaction.

My experiments in school crowd control have now been banned as 'amateur chemical warfare'. It worked though :)

Edit - for the hardcore just spray some acetic anhydride near them, the lachrymatory effect is almost instantaneous. I doubt they would cause much trouble with tears streaming down their faces.

Butanoic acid is your ideal crowd removal agent as in its concentrated form it is just about powerful enough to develop blisters but not deep tissue damage.

That is a local effect compared to the area effect of smelling like the worst vomit you have ever encountered, coupled with a heady whiff of rancid cheese, stale socks and a slight hint of rotten fish.

Seriously, I have emptied corridors of people just by standing at one end, taking the stopper off a bottle for 5 seconds and replacing the stopper. I don't know what the neat liquid splashed on people's clothing (not eyes, that would be dangerous) would do but I would pay good money to watch the reaction.

My experiments in school crowd control have now been banned as 'amateur chemical warfare'. It worked though :)

Edit - for the hardcore just spray some acetic anhydride near them, the lachrymatory effect is almost instantaneous. I doubt they would cause much trouble with tears streaming down their faces.
I like your style, sir. Send me a bottle, ya?

Use it as a learning experience for the students.

Option 1: Have the students explain that the Protesters are taking up the lawyers time and thus they will be charged. Then do actually let your students take their parent organisations to court to recover the fees.

Option 2: Have the students keep an eye on them, and as soon as they cross the boundary between Trespass and something more spicy, send in the stormtroopers of the establishment (police, local rugby team or some Door supervisor types from your local rent'a'gorilla company).

Extinction rebellion are a bunch of infantile cnuts.
This will be my last contribution to this thread.

Extinction rebellion are a bunch of infantile cnuts.
This will be my last contribution to this thread.
Succinct, pithy, to the point. 10/10.

UncivilServant

Old-Salt
Because only things that can be blamed on capitalism do - because the organisations a communist front and Greta is a well crafted spokesperson - young female with a mental health issue - so any dissent is portrayed as bullying.

In reality she is a vulnerable child being abused and manipulated by parents and media

I fear for her future
Err, she doesn't have a future, it's been stolen from her.

offog

LE

What's that tined Finish fish that's against the law to open on public transport?

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Or, that wonderful Durian fruit. Most fragrant.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Actually, we have the answer directly at hand. About 43% of our students here are Chinese. I could ask some of them just to cough or sneeze. That should do the trick.

Latest Threads