Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

If there are no police, get off your arse and give a few of them a dig, who are they going to complain to?
Kind of my point. How long until the public start doing that?
(Note: it won't effect me, I live 40 miles away now, but I do drop into Cambridge occasionally.

And that is why you will never reach the giddy heights of our beloved leaders.

Just Blue Sky think it, and let others worry about the lawfulness or practicality or technical impossibility.

I decided about 8 or 9 years ago that I never wanted promotion. I never wanted to be beholden to any manager or have to agree with stuff I thought was wrong.

(Note: it won't effect me, I live 40 miles away now, but I do drop into Cambridge occasionally.
The public talk a good vigilante, but very rarely can they get over their apathy.

I decided about 8 or 9 years ago that I never wanted promotion. I never wanted to be beholden to any manager or have to agree with stuff I thought was wrong.
Shame the one one the left didn't have your moral fibre and decision making process.

Awol

LE
PACE states generally that they must be taken to the closest police station that has a dedicated and authorised detention facility.
I think the answer is to put the little darlings on a fleet of coaches.

And then to keep them warm (duty of care y'know), leave the engines ticking over and pumping out filthy particulates for as long as it takes to process them. The more protesters, the longer it takes...

endure

GCM
Buy them all a season ticket for the Tube...

I think the answer is to put the little darlings on a fleet of coaches.

And then to keep them warm (duty of care y'know), leave the engines ticking over and pumping out filthy particulates for as long as it takes to process them. The more protesters, the longer it takes...

Hmm .. just don't forget to affix a length of hose to each exhaust & run it into the hopefully SEALED coaches, that would sort a lot of problems out!!

Buy them all a season ticket for the Tube...
Wow that's cruel.

That foul packed smelly tunnel-punishment that most of us have to pay for the pleasure of!

The public talk a good vigilante, but very rarely can they get over their apathy.
I suppose some people are worried that the old bill wont do **** all about the protesters but will nick those taking the law into their own hands.

However I did chuckle when this first happened.

I suppose some people are worried that the old bill wont do **** all about the protesters but will nick those taking the law into their own hands.

I would imagine that the police would look at obstructing the highway and an assault on someone which may or may not result in an injury and deal with them proportionately.

That looks fine, until you see what happens when the guy is dragged into the crowd. He was going to get kicked to death there if the TFL guy hadn't stepped in.
You'll note that the organiser of protest, the one who whipped his followers up into doing such a stupid act, was standing at the back, and when the kicking started didn't do much to help.

That looks fine, until you see what happens when the guy is dragged into the crowd. He was going to get kicked to death there if the TFL guy hadn't stepped in.
Yeah that TFL bloke should have minded his own business the interfering bellend.

Oh this will be fun:

Now, do we think the Police will be able to keep traffic moving?

Oh this will be fun:

Utter batwank: obviously, you have never tried to drive through nor into Cambridge? The city council achieved XR's aim some years ago.

Oh this will be fun:

Demands? We'll take the city streets hostage if you don't do as we say? Hhhhmmmmm.

It happened a little while ago didn't it? Bloke dragged off the top of tube train and given a kicking by commuters?
Sorry just seen Stacker above!

Utter batwank: obviously, you have never tried to drive through nor into Cambridge? The city council achieved XR's aim some years ago.
Not according to XR. The earlier comment about "Cambridge's over reliance on fossil fuels." was from XR.
Personally, I always found it quite easy to get around Cambridge in a car. I lived there for 35 years, and even worked in the science park for several.

Demands? We'll take the city streets hostage if you don't do as we say? Hhhhmmmmm.
I had noticed that, and it got my back right up it did. But its the language of revolution, Comrade. And it hints at something nastier within XR.

Latest Threads