Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

Chef

LE
Back in the day you had senior officers who would back their officers.They also didn't have to worry about the media and if some disgruntled unwashed protestors wrote a nasty post on social media.
Absolutely. When I first started as an inspector my boss, ex far east Signals told me:

'I will back you up if you take issue with the plants. But if you haven't done your homework on a case we will have an interview afterwards.'

Made sure I dotted the 'T's and crossed the 'I's before writing letters.

Support is a two way street. I never had to worry about taking action as I knew he was on my side and he knew I wouldn't go off half cock and embarrass him.

Does a modern copper have the same trust in his superior if he's taking action against this week's 'right on ' cause?

Take a look at the Rotherham shenanigans.

Last edited:
I believe a former one of us has been injured during the protest at the weekend ....he may require surgery. He’s also a vet of NI...

And yes he’s one of the XR lot

He's attempted to ruin several businesses, which would make the people working there unemployed. The group he supports has broken several laws, and caused distress and difficulties to large chunks of Cambridge and even endangered peoples lives (Milton Road, Blocked on Thursday, is the main routes in and out of Cambridge. You'll often see emergency services belting up there on Blues. Tell me, is blocking traffic for 90 minutes at rush hour going to improve their response times?).

I may be a Civie, so will now be committing a cardinal sin for ARRSE by criticising him. But he's still a belter.

That said he's managed to get himself into a position to spend all day talking to that hippy bird who chained herself to the railings next to him, and she can't run away. In which case, all criticism withdrawn!

Given one of the xr stated aims was essentially the dismantling of our current institutions, I wonder how his conscience felt as he went against the oath he took to uphold all that.

Well, presumably not too bad or he wouldn't have been chained across someone's business.

If you walk in front of cars you can't really complain if one hits you.

he's old enough to have had the benefit of the green cross code man's save advice.

'crossing the road? Don't act the c*nt'.

I may laugh myself incontinent the first time that a vegan business is blockaded by normal people.

Imagine their noodle-armed rage at being denied their seaweed and tofu quiches?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I believe a former one of us has been injured during the protest at the weekend ....he may require surgery. He’s also a vet of NI...

First there wasn't a fracture but now there was a fracture which has been made worse. The man is obviously after compensation.

I did notice much was made of his apparent service in HM forces but nothing to indicate his "leftie" tendencies.

I may laugh myself incontinent the first time that a vegan business is blockaded by normal people.

Imagine their noodle-armed rage at being denied their seaweed and tofu quiches?
I think you'll find they are happy using violence because in their eyes it is justified.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

I really struggle to understand what has happened to the police since I left in 1990. In years gone by they would have been asked to move once, after failing to move would have been arrested in turn for wilful obstruction, taken to the charging centre , dropped off & arresting officers would have gone back to get the next ones. clearly the police have forgotten the Primary Objects of an Efficient Police as taught to all recruits since the dark ages.
Wow, it’s as easy as that. Who would have thought.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I think you'll find they are happy using violence because in their eyes it is justified.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk
They need to be more like the KLF, Justified and Ancient and knowing when to retire before they annoy people

I may be a Civie, so will now be committing a cardinal sin for ARRSE by criticising him. But he's still a belter.
Not at all. He's a belter.

If you walk in front of cars you can't really complain if one hits you.

he's old enough to have had the benefit of the green cross code man's save advice.

'crossing the road? Don't act the c*nt'.
More practical than his other advice "Luke I am your father"

From the article, the ex Squaddie is quoted:
He said: “I have been blown up in Northern Ireland and suffered an injury, and here I am still defending the people.”

You’re not defending me mate, or I suspect the majority of the country. Grow up.

Latest Threads