Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

They promised to shut down Heathrow but it actually looks like a sensible compromise by the police, one lane kept open and the protesters doing their thing in the other (must have been cold and uncomfortable but they're saving the planet):

I may be missing something here, but isn’t that a diesel powered tractor?

I may be missing something here, but isn’t that a diesel powered tractor?
Be quiet! You're missing the point, they're saving the planet!!!! Sheesh, some people.

I was just thinking about that trip over to the states, where she was shitting into a bucket and throwing it overboard

Surely that was dumping untreated sewage in the ocean

Perfect solution, gov't hires 2 jumbo jets, ship them all free of charge to NZ. Once there they all glue themselves to the volcano, which after just a few hours has probably spewed more shite into the atmosphere than humans have over the last 100 years.

I was just thinking about that trip over to the states, where she was shitting into a bucket and throwing it overboard

Surely that was dumping untreated sewage in the ocean
But that was holy ozone healing poo from St Greta of Thunberg

Perfect solution, gov't hires 2 jumbo jets, ship them all free of charge to NZ. Once there they all glue themselves to the volcano, which after just a few hours has probably spewed more shite into the atmosphere than humans have over the last 100 years.
Italian and Icelandic volcanoes are closer to home.

But that was holy ozone healing poo from St Greta of Thunberg
Talking of ozone what happened to the HUGE hole in the atmosphere that meant we were all going to get skin cancer?

TamH70

MIA
Talking of ozone what happened to the HUGE hole in the atmosphere that meant we were all going to get skin cancer?
Closing by 2050, but it's a bit more complicated than that. Have a Smithsonian article:

"Each year during ozone hole season, scientists from around the world track the depletion of the ozone above Antarctica using balloons, satellites and computer models. They have found that the ozone hole is actually getting smaller: Scientists estimate that if the Montreal Protocol had never been implemented, the hole would have grown by 40 percent by 2013. Instead, the hole is expected to completely heal by 2050. "

Be quiet! You're missing the point, they're saving the planet!!!! Sheesh, some people.
The planet needs saving from tw@ts.
One pace forward XR.

Closing by 2050, but it's a bit more complicated than that. Have a Smithsonian article:

"Each year during ozone hole season, scientists from around the world track the depletion of the ozone above Antarctica using balloons, satellites and computer models. They have found that the ozone hole is actually getting smaller: Scientists estimate that if the Montreal Protocol had never been implemented, the hole would have grown by 40 percent by 2013. Instead, the hole is expected to completely heal by 2050. "
Isn't that strange? When the hole in the ozone layer was supposed to fry us to a crisp, I was always taught that the ozone could not in fact repair itself and that we were going to have to get used to it.

Don't tell me that the scientists did not in fact know everything? That the science is in fact not "settled"?

Isn't that strange? When the hole in the ozone layer was supposed to fry us to a crisp, I was always taught that the ozone could not in fact repair itself and that we were going to have to get used to it.

Don't tell me that the scientists did not in fact know everything? That the science is in fact not "settled"?

My bold a lot of science changes as new things are discovered, in the '70's we were supposedly heading for a new mini ice age.
Mind you this guy thinks he can explain why the Earth is the centre of the universe and is flat...

No the science is settled, the ozone was healed only because of St Great's ozone healing poo

Science predicted this from none other than St Greta herself

Only through more trips on luxury yachts can she save the planet

My bold a lot of science changes as new things are discovered, in the '70's we were supposedly heading for a new mini ice age.
Mind you this guy thinks he can explain why the Earth is the centre of the universe and is flat...

What a silly notion, the earth cannot be flat otherwise cats would have knocked everything off the edge of the world by now

OneTenner

Old-Salt
Oh dear, strange child realises no one cares and she's not going to 'save' the world

One of the comments (not mine) from the article
"Greta's recent trip, Nikki Henderson was flown flew to the U.S. from Britain to skipper Thunbergs 48-foot catamaran, so no saving there then Greta, then of course theirs the train ride to Madrid, why not video conference ? Im sure you are aware Greta the energy and pollution caused in the manufacture of your carbon fibre boat and recycling is currently more difficult and more expensive than steel Why not save the planet and have a video conference ?"

37ucv67i

War Hero
The French do it slightly differently with the 'yellow vest' protesters, how about an MP7 tear gas grenade in the eye?
at least it cured the photographers Parkinson’s!

37ucv67i

War Hero
As the hole should not be there then treating it as a wound makes sense.
Beg to differ. I think this is a very silly attempt at anthropomorphizing a chemical system. An atmosphere can't have a wound, just like a a planet can't die. An ecosystem may cease to exist in a sense close to "die" , but neither the ozone layer nor a geological entity can be wounded or can die. Would you call a bullet hole in a brick wall a wound?

Latest Threads