Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

When the public stop believing in the effectiveness of law and order and start taking things in hand themselves there will be tears on both sides. Even if we don't agree with it (and I don't) some things are still best left to the police and courts. Mind you I suspect that setting fire to a couple of the crusties would stop the protests relatively quickly.
Regarding the actions of bystanders, I was a little surprised that the female protester who glued herself to that train recently managed to escape without being relieved of jewelry and clothing, or being plastered in dog-sh!t.

When people see that there is no 'official' enforcement of what many feel is reasonable, then there is indeed a danger of 'unofficial' action being taken. This will not be a poor result for those behind XR, as it will show the inherent evilness of the 'racist Nazi butchers' (aka, the general population of omnivores) and draw more support from those wavering about joining up.

It's time we started this.

Let's start seeing shiner's victims suing him, personally. Works both ways.
Talking of Shiner, where has he crawled off to?. Very quiet on him lately.

Mind you I suspect that setting fire to a couple of the crusties would stop the protests relatively quickly.

as long as you set fire to them in an ecologically sustainable manner without fossil fuels, you're good to go.

Awol

LE
Not only is it the public perception that the crusties were handled with kid gloves during the actual protests, now they see that the protestors were given carte blanche to vandalise property without consequences, and also that the police will have to recompense them if they do get arrested (which is their declared aim anyway).

There is a perfect storm brewing, and the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the judiciary who it seems, are biased in the favour of XR.

so can I shoot burglars And trespassers now?
Provided you can show that it was merely coincidence that the weapon and rounds were on your desk while you cleaned the firearm and checked the ammunition for defects. When the attacker came upon you unexpectedly... Falling back on your army training you determined your life was in danger.. made the weapon ready and discharged it just before the evil perpetrator fell upon you... Make sure

1. there are muzzle flash and powder burns
  2. the wounds are to the front of the body
  3. you don't accidentally inflict non-lethal wounds.

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with criminal damage. That is a substantive offence which remains so regardless of what the protest is doing.

This is about imposing conditions on protests. My understanding is that the ruling is that telling people they cannot protest and must cease goes beyond what S14 POA encompasses. The court didn't have a problem with people who were arrested for breaching the conditions prior to the general ban on xr issued on the 14th October.

If I'm being honest, I know myself and a number of teammates were a bit concerned about the decision to ban xr under S14 at the time..

greta titanic.jpg

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Not only is it the public perception that the crusties were handled with kid gloves during the actual protests, now they see that the protestors were given carte blanche to vandalise property without consequences, and also that the police will have to recompense them if they do get arrested (which is their declared aim anyway).

There is a perfect storm brewing, and the blame lies squarely on the shoulders of the judiciary who it seems, are biased in the favour of XR.
All helped by the BBC who refer to the 'Left' as just 'the Left', but refer to the right as always 'the 'Far right' as per about eight times on Radio 4 this morning! The overpaid biased manipulative bastards!

so can I shoot burglars And trespassers now?
Technically Yes, legally No.

On that aspect of the law your right to brass up wrong 'uns hasnh't changed. . . . . . . unfortunately.

All helped by the BBC who refer to the 'Left' as just 'the Left', but refer to the right as always 'the 'Far right' as per about eight times on Radio 4 this morning! The overpaid biased manipulative bastards!
I heard Brendan O'Neill described as a "Far Right commentator" the other day, not on the Beeb but somewhere else & I can't remember where.

It's a telling indictment of where the MSM is politically when he is described as Far Right.

The Nazi Swine

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor

I am not sure that the Judiciary are biased in favour of XR as such. I think they have felt the finger of Power and like it. Boris got a kicking from the Supreme Court who did not use law to claim that Boris was acting unlawfully, but convention and their view on what parliament and the government should do.

Now we have the High Court saying that they can overrule the police whose task is to keep Her Majesty's Highways free and usable. There is a right to protest, the High Court have now said there is a right to paralyse a city in the name of protest.

There is no way this is going to end well.

I am not sure that the Judiciary are biased in favour of XR as such. I think they have felt the finger of Power and like it. Boris got a kicking from the Supreme Court who did not use law to claim that Boris was acting unlawfully, but convention and their view on what parliament and the government should do.

Now we have the High Court saying that they can overrule the police whose task is to keep Her Majesty's Highways free and usable. There is a right to protest, the High Court have now said there is a right to paralyse a city in the name of protest.

There is no way this is going to end well.

The Legislation clearly states that Section 14 applies to a particular time and place :
"If the senior police officer, having regard to the time or place at which and the circumstances in which any public assembly is being held" Public Order Act 1986

Not to a whole city for a range of dates.. I don't think the judges had much choice. That sort of restriction would be tantamount to martial law...Let's be honest these are tossers who can't use a hosepipe, not a source of imminent nationwide disaster..

"Now we have the High Court saying that they can overrule the police"

The Police should be above the law?

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Not these days apparently. Politics and money seem to overrule all. And I mean politics in terms of the judiciary.

The Legislation clearly states that Section 14 applies to a particular time and place :
"If the senior police officer, having regard to the time or place at which and the circumstances in which any public assembly is being held" Public Order Act 1986

Not to a whole city for a range of dates.. I don't think the judges had much choice. That sort of restriction would be tantamount to martial law...Let's be honest these are tossers who can't use a hosepipe, not a source of imminent nationwide disaster..

"Now we have the High Court saying that they can overrule the police"

We'll get back to you when a few deaths have been attributed to blocked in ambulances...

Latest Threads