Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

It's only a matter of time before someone gets a serious shoeing.
Im flying to the UK just before christmas for a few days

Disrupting that and its obstructing my much awaited reunion with a decent pint - under normal circumstances being a noodle armed spaccy fingered individual with the reflexes of a concussed sloth - I avoid violence knowing it will be me on the receiving end - under these circumstances I could well be at the front of the queue

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Last edited:

Awol

LE
Mr Broccoli exposed as a diesel white van man with little brain:
Linked from the same page..

Coppers are massively overstretched, yet three of them are available to spend an hour handcuffing one 'ticket evader'.

You miss the video of the chap on the Tube station earlier in the thread? There were at least 4 blokes linking arms and stomping the protester who was lying on the floor.
I didn't want to say it, but it will lead to a fatality IMHO, I don't know which side the aggression will come from but it is usually from people who don't get their own way.

I didn't want to say it, but it will lead to a fatality IMHO, I don't know which side the aggression will come from but it is usually from people who don't get their own way.
Yeah, It was just a damn good thing the TFL guy got involved. The Organiser who was standing at the back wasn't much use in stopping the kicking.
To be fair, the protester did start it by booting the commuter in the face, and it escalated from there.

I hope the protesters learned a lesson about the Police, they're not there to police you, they're there to stop you getting stomped. If you're doing pop-up protests around the place that will cause massive problems and generate a lot of hatred, then there's going to be a punch up.
I didn't like what happened to the protestor, that was turning nasty, quickly, but I can see how it happened, mainly because he was being a colossal, arrogant, self-entitled, indoctrinated twat.

I mean I might be more inclined to listen to them, if they protested in places which were causing the problem. At current it just seems to be an excuse to act like a cock towards a large number of people with a thin veneer of protest, and scoring fake points of a small circle of people.

I suspect another likely cause of the death will be them trying to do somethign stupid. In the tube station, a slip and the third rail is one option, but I wouldn't put it past them to try and close the M25 or an active runway on a big airport.

Linked from the same page..

Coppers are massively overstretched, yet three of them are available to spend an hour handcuffing one 'ticket evader'.
Then coppers wonder why they are despised.

They will not do anything to prevent people going about their lawful business being inconvenienced by XR, but - as you point out - there are plenty of them when it comes to one black lad being harassed because he had done nothing wrong except let his phone run out of charge; and all the while the senior officers are making videos about pronouns "rights".

What a farcical organisation the UK police has become.

philc

LE
Interfere with Joe Public's Xmas shopping at your own peril. Wayne and Waynetta ain't going to take too kindly when they cant take little Chardonnay and D'Shawn to Hamleys to see Santa!
I am reminded of this and it was just a new Ikea opening. People will be a tad upset and serious injury will be the order of the day.

ONE man was stabbed and several injured after 4,000 people flocked to the midnight opening of a new Ikea furniture superstore in north London.

I am reminded of this and it was just a new Ikea opening. People will be a tad upset and serious injury will be the order of the day.

ONE man was stabbed and several injured after 4,000 people flocked to the midnight opening of a new Ikea furniture superstore in north London.

It's the Swedish meatballs........ they're laced with crack cocaine.

Mrsheeny

Old-Salt
Is that a bald spot on top of her overworked head? Just asking!
I’ve no doubt she’s overworked.

Her secretary “Ma’am, the Home Secretary is on the phone, wants to know why knife crime has spiked in recent weeks and what you’re going to do about it?”

Chief of Police “Ma’am? Are you assuming my gender? Tell her I’m busy making sure there’s no minorities celebration day or awareness day I’m missing out on, my jobs on the line Shiela!”

Secretary “It’s no longer Shiela, that’s Deadnaming and I’ll take you to the ******* cleaners! It’s now Brian”

Chief of Police “I’m sorry...Brian....tell her I’m busy, ok?”

Secretary Brian/Shiela “She said tell her she’s busy”

Home Secretary Priti Patel - “How dare she assume my gender, I’ll have her guts for garters”

Secretary Brian/Sheila “How dare you, I’m a vegetarian and I find it offensive that an animal product would be used as a fashion accessory, albeit it one used for lingerie”

And this is why the country is fucked.

What the country needs is the antidote to all this madness which is George Whitebread in charge from Harry Enfield.

Last edited:
Then coppers wonder why they are despised.

They will not do anything to prevent people going about their lawful business being inconvenienced by XR, but - as you point out - there are plenty of them when it comes to one black lad being harassed because he had done nothing wrong except let his phone run out of charge; and all the while the senior officers are making videos about pronouns "rights".

What a farcical organisation the UK police has become.
Despised?

That's a very strong, and emotive, word. Even though I've been let down by the police and feel disappointed by their lack of robustness in many cases, I cannot find it in myself to despise them, individually or collectively.

Despised?

That's a very strong, and emotive, word. Even though I've been let down by the police and feel disappointed by their lack of robustness in many cases, I cannot find it in myself to despise them, individually or collectively.
I was speaking to a copper not so long ago. He tells a story of being behind two Criminal youths on a moped in a car. He was about a foot away, then he had a moments clarity. If he walloped them he was done for, so he backed off.

That's where the problem lies, he knew he would not get support from his higher ups. While there has to be legal scrutiny, and accountability of the police, perhaps we have swung too far to one side, and are holding the police to a silly high standard, and will throw them to the Lawyers at a moments notice?

At current it just seems to be an excuse to act like a cock towards a large number of people with a thin veneer of protest, and scoring fake points of a small circle of people.
Might the leaders / backers of the protesters be seeking to achieve slightly different objectives, over a period of time? Increasing instability in society. Groups set against each other. Law and order 'problems'. A feeling of being ignored, on the part of large and impressionable subsets of the population. Etc. etc. To what end, I wonder.

Awol

LE
Laughed at in her carbon-free carbon fibre boat, thoroughly ignored in America and now clearly despised in Canada.

Is it too early to ask if it's going how she imagined it would?

Last edited:

Latest Threads