Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

So stopping the crusty fuckwits from putting the bloody thing up in the first place was beyond them...ooh, I know if we wait a bit we can waste more money and allow more disruption if we let these unwashed idiots raise a bloody tripod in the middle of the road. Instead of, right move along or we will arrest you...OK you are nicked for obstruction etc etc...all dealt with, the good people and go about their business and crusty fuckwits are locked up.
In just the same way that the army couldn’t cover all places in Afghan, allowing the Taleban to move back into areas that had been cleared and patrolled.

The Police cannot cover every area in London, those patrolled are kept clear but where gaps exist, protestors will move in. Even you know that it is impossible to blanket cover every road and iconic building including train stations etc.

Awol

LE
The Police are there to prevent the protestor numbers from increasing and those locked on or at height being surrounded by others making it more difficult for the PRT to release them.

Case law and previous court cases that were lost show that The Police have to show that they interacted with the protestors and asked them to move on prior to arrest. This has to be videod and evidenced to show that the protestors refused to move.
While those twenty coppers are standing there doing nothing, who is protecting the other sites in London to prevent the same things occurring there?

While those twenty coppers are standing there doing nothing, who is protecting the other sites in London to prevent the same things occurring there?
You have just hit the nail on the head, it’s like herding cats. If you don’t cordon a small protest, it will become enormous and will take days to take down. That requires a police cordon to stop it increasing while you wait for the PRT to arrive.

This however leaves other areas of The City vulnerable to protest. That is the whole efficiency of The XR approach.

Again, more cops required. Baring in mind out of London cops are working 16 hour days and areas of the country suffer.

As if by magic. The PRT has arrived at OC with the JCB to start safely and lawfully releasing the protestors for subsequent arrest.

Footage shown on BBC just now.

All correctly filmed, processed and evidenced for a successful court case.

A Working at Heights Protestor Removal Team (PRT) will be required to safely and lawfully bring down the protestors from the bamboo tripod.

These are few and far between and may very well be committed at other sights. Until they are available, the area will be cordoned off to prevent further lock ons, the area will be filmed to prove the offence for court and the protestors will be spoken to and this will be filmed to prove in court that they knew they were breaking the law and that the offence happened.

I’m sure that you would like a van driven into the tripod and all the protestors subjected to a unlawful use of force. When you persuade the government to legislate for this it might happen. Until then things will be done lawfully so that cops are not prosecuted.
Don't be silly. Snipers first, then bulldozer. Honestly, no wonder the police have such difficulty relating to the ordinary citizen if they can't even get the simple things right ... :roll:

Anyways, fight fire with fire I say. If it's tripods they want, it's tripods they've got!

I think Surrey Police are trialling one in Woking.

In just the same way that the army couldn’t cover all places in Afghan, allowing the Taleban to move back into areas that had been cleared and patrolled.

The Police cannot cover every area in London, those patrolled are kept clear but where gaps exist, protestors will move in. Even you know that it is impossible to blanket cover every road and iconic building including train stations etc.
Sorry, not having that. Oxford Circus has more CCTV cameras than you can shake a truncheon at. So the CCTV operators couldn't notify someone...oooh look, crusties building a tripod in the middle of the road, better tell the plod so they can stop that from disrupting people's travel. Police are more interested in looking good for the TV, than being robust and actually dealing with the issue.

You can’t arrest the next tranche of people until the cells are freed up, the next lot of vans are ready to transport and people are available to process the prisoners.

It is all about logistics and capacity. You are not privy to the planning and systems that need to be enacted to get it going.

Sometimes you sit tight, contain and wait until the next phase swings into action.
That is what happened yesterday.
I'm not in favour of it but if the police don't sort it then the public will.
Hopefully by getting rid of the London Mayor for starters.

Have the Arrse Infamous Hit Team not got on the case ready to slot a few?

Perhaps photo them whilst entering the bank/macds/starbucks when they are on downtime?
Or stalk the nice females* and impregnate them to save Arrse for future generations?
Sponsor one to get a job and to commit to society by paying taxes & law abiding?

*Note: Other genders are available if required.

Chalkster69

Clanker
If they're charged they won't be charged with 'right or wrong' they'll be charged with some form of assault for which there's video evidence.
I didn't see anybody land a kick or a punch in that footage - did you?

All I saw was a group of people stood round someone on the floor, the people at the back were pushing and the people at the front had to keep hopping & changing foot to avoid stepping on the poor, beleaguered protester.....

Sorry, not having that. Oxford Circus has more CCTV cameras than you can shake a truncheon at. So the CCTV operators couldn't notify someone...oooh look, crusties building a tripod in the middle of the road, better tell the plod so they can stop that from disrupting people's travel. Police are more interested in looking good for the TV, than being robust and actually dealing with the issue.
If you have ever seen the speed that a tripod can be erected and climbed by people who are accomplished climbers, you might think differently, Police units need to travel through Central London in rush hour traffic to get there if not already present.

I don’t know whether you have any experience of policing protests but I can understand from watching the tv and reading the papers, it can appear a very simple problem to solve. It isn’t.

You obviously have your views based on your opinions and influences. I have mine and they don’t coincide.

I have every sympathy for the Police, but understand everyone's frustration as well. I have no sympathy (or respect) for the rebellious twats.

That is what happened yesterday.
I'm not in favour of it but if the police don't sort it then the public will.
Hopefully by getting rid of the London Mayor for starters.
The public won’t sort the issue. A few individuals might get involved in specific incidents that affect them and others might try to get a sly kick in on a skinny little protestor on the ground. If it doesn’t directly affect them, it’s of very little interest to most.

Khan will stand as The Mayor or try to return to Parliament. The electorate will then decide.

However, as I do, hold your local Tory MP to account for the cacophony of silence that most of them indulged in during nearly 10 years of the wholesale stripping of U.K. Policing.

If you have ever seen the speed that a tripod can be erected and climbed by people who are accomplished climbers, you might think differently, Police units need to travel through Central London in rush hour traffic to get there if not already present.

I don’t know whether you have any experience of policing protests but I can understand from watching the tv and reading the papers, it can appear a very simple problem to solve. It isn’t.

You obviously have your views based on your opinions and influences. I have mine and they don’t coincide.
baton rounds....

Ahem, too late Mon Brave, the site of the former HMS Daedelus is already receiving foreign Ohms and Amps through an interconnector and polluting our jolly old British elecktrickery with damned foreign stuff. If you're affected you'll be able to tell by switching on the electric hob of your cooker, if you smell onions you'll know!

That is why we must strike whilst the hob is still hot. We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the sockets, we shall fight on the power strips, we shall fight in the electric fields and in the street lamps, we shall fight in the generating stations; we shall never surrender.

It's not all one traffic, though; we occasionally export electricity to the Continent (Imports, Exports and Transfers of Electricity). Perhaps, now is the time to recognize that our overseas operations are at an end and to bring our electrons back home. Drawing upon one of our country's defining moments, the Nation cries out for a new Admiral Ramsey to lead us in Operation Alternator.

(it was going to be Dynamo 2, but the younger generation probably don't know what a dynamo is)

Latest Threads