Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

anglo

LE
Quite possibly. I would imagine The Civil Contingencies Act 2004 would cover that.

Not for old people sat in the streets though. I don’t think even Boris has the stomach for interning without trial, some old biddy.
That old biddy is stopping people going about their legal business she is breaking the law
the law treats everybody equal, doesn't it!
If you can't do the time don't do the crime

That old biddy is stopping people going about their legal business she is breaking the law
Yes, that’s why over 1642 have been arrested and will be processed through The CJS.

I standby my statement that internment is probably not warranted. Feel free to disagree.

BTP have said they'll be reviewing cctv and examining the incident in its 'entirety'. Considering they've already nicked the protestors, that can only mean one thing.

As for 'hyperbole', I was making the point that the public perception is that the protestors are getting a free pass, not that it's necessarily true.
The protestors don’t want a free pass. They’ve already stated that they want to clog up police cells and the legal system.

they’re wanting arresting

anglo

LE
Yes, that’s why over 1642 have been arrested and will be processed through The CJS.

I standby my statement that internment is probably not warranted. Feel free to disagree.
I'm not getting on at the police, I understand the protesters are in to many places for
the police to sort them all out, what I'm saying is, the old shouldn't be treated differently
because of their age

Quite possibly. I would imagine The Civil Contingencies Act 2004 would cover that.

Not for old people sat in the streets though. I don’t think even Boris has the stomach for interning without trial, some old biddy.
Interning? Who said anything about 'interning'?

Ah, I see where the confusion arises - that should have been two 'r's not 'rn'. Glad we got it cleared up.

A short statement that due to their twattishness resources are stretched and citizens are encouraged to take their legal right to arrest them should sort the issue.

Commuters to turn up tomorrow wearing stout boots and carrying shepherd's crooks?

There were some of the XR humbugs doing their nuisance malarky in Brisbane AU last week who come close to being leaped upon. I think XR will be reconsidering their tactics world-wide after the London showdown too. Not winning hearts and minds, just brickbats. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.
Preferably bricks and bats (of the baseball and cricket variety, not the pipistrelle or horseshoe type).

The protestors don’t want a free pass. They’ve already stated that they want to clog up police cells and the legal system.

Wait until a few go to pokey and get a shoeing off some skag head. They might not be so keen.

I'm not getting on at the police, I understand the protesters are in to many places for
the police to sort them all out, what I'm saying is, the old shouldn't be treated differently
because of their age
I never said they should, I used an older person in an example as to why internment would be overkill.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I'm guessing my two disagrees are for saying that people who put the boot into someone on the ground should be shown no mercy.

I don't care what's going on, there's rarely a reason for attacking someone already on the ground and if there's one thing the courts will take seriously, it's assaulting someone when they're on the deck, especially if blows to the head are struck with feet.

It's a short step from giving a ****** a good dig to the gut for delaying your commute, or turning them into a vegetable with a size ten to the side of the head.

Dicky Ticker

War Hero
The last time ER (Extinction rebellion at the time, not Elizabeth Regina} kicked off in London, there was a well organised and disciplined march by ex-service men and women (and possibly others} in support of Soldier F. I surmised at the time what would happen if the Soldier F march got rerouted (accidentally of course} and ended up marching towards ER in column of threes.

Is it time for another march in support of Solider F or some other military related cause that will require thousands of veterans to move in a well disciplined fashion around London?

I might have missed it (as I don't have ready access to UK media) but can anyone enlighten me about how many XR persons have glued themselves to the Chinese embassy, or otherwise disrupted the activities of the representatives of the world's largest polluter?

And secondly, if there is anyone there, what actions have the Met taken with the situation(s).

Thanks kindly.

Edit: One might also be curious about the Russian and Saudi embassies.

Last edited:
I don't care what's going on, there's rarely a reason for attacking someone already on the ground
Its to stop the cnuts getting back up and twatting you.

The last time ER (Extinction rebellion at the time, not Elizabeth Regina} kicked off in London, there was a well organised and disciplined march by ex-service men and women (and possibly others} in support of Soldier F. I surmised at the time what would happen if the Soldier F march got rerouted (accidentally of course} and ended up marching towards ER in column of threes.

Is it time for another march in support of Solider F or some other military related cause that will require thousands of veterans to move in a well disciplined fashion around London?
You have until end of play tomorrow to get it sorted.

It's a short step from giving a ****** a good dig to the gut for delaying your commute, or turning them into a vegetable with a size ten to the side of the head.
Surely XR would approve of turning people into vegetables, at the very least it would get the thumbs up from Mr Broccoli

They are happy for that to happen because they know plod can't cope and have to act within the law.

For the crusty cnuts' message to be effective they need to bring the public along with them and buy into their message. They have now failed in that because of the way they have gone out to cause so much inconvenience and disruption and to piss off the public. XR might be willing to get arrested but clearly they are not so willing to take a kicking for their troubles.

Generally the public are supportive of the police but it looks as if that patience is running out. Plod may be whining about being under resourced and only being able to stick one protestor at a time in a cell but I think people are now fed up with excuses, they've got enough of their own problems to deal with and if the police can't deal with it then they will.

I'm guessing my two disagrees are for saying that people who put the boot into someone on the ground should be shown no mercy.

I don't care what's going on, there's rarely a reason for attacking someone already on the ground and if there's one thing the courts will take seriously, it's assaulting someone when they're on the deck, especially if blows to the head are struck with feet.

Sorry, what's the difference between a baton strike to the nogin and a boot?

Why is one fine and the other horrid? These twats need dealing with and plainly plod is incapable (blame whoever but they are) so the public need to get stuck in.

"Dorothy Agnes Biddlefoot, I sentence you to 35 years ..."
"M'Lud, blah, blah, blah, 90 years old, blah, blah, blah"
"Look, I don't care if she'll be 110 when she's up for parole. ..".
"M'Lud, blah, blah, blah, not well, superglue allergy, blah, blah, blah, not sure make it, blah, blah, blah"
"Well, she'll just have to jolly well make sure she lives that long. She should have thought of that before interrupting the train I take home. If she can't do the time, she shouldn't have done the crime"

"Who's next?"
"Norman Stanley Fletcher, M'Lud"
"Thank goodness for that. An honest, hard-working thief who know the rules"

Sorry, what's the difference between a baton strike to the nogin and a boot?

Why is one fine and the other horrid? These twats need dealing with and plainly plod is incapable (blame whoever but they are) so the public need to get stuck in.
If you can show me footage, where UK Police Officers use baton strikes to the head, on non violent protesters to remove them from structures, you might have a point.

Latest Threads