Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

The Telegraph is reporting that police are investigating those who took direct action. Typical.
Protest: police ignore
Punters take direct action: Police: how awful. You're knicked.
I think it's time the police/powers that be see what is occurring here. People are board stiff of the police being more interested in "pronoun day" than helping the great British public free reign to go to work and pay our bills.

Whilst I do not support giving the protester a kicking I do support the removal of the individuals from the train roof. Making a citizens arrest and awaiting arrival of the police is a good thing. The commuters on the platform this morning have achieved more for the country today than Khan and Dick have in the last ten days.

Ironically: The people on the platform "no platformed" the people on top of the train. :party:

ETA: Suddenly Khan has switched sides.... BBC local news now (1334)….and now Khan is not supporting XR

It's now being reported the commuters who got the protesters down are going to be investigated by the Police as it was 'unacceptable' how they did it. Perhaps if the Police had done the job instead the 36 year old Buddhist student who gave up his studies to become a full time protester might not have had his feelings hurt.

doc80905

War Hero
The Telegraph is reporting that police are investigating those who took direct action. Typical.
Protest: police ignore
Punters take direct action: Police: how awful. You're knicked.
Totally bizarre though not surprising these days. If the punters had stood back and left it to the police there'd have been protesters on top of the train for days ffs.

I’ve been out and about today and have just caught the footage on TV.
Seeing those cretins dragged off the roof of the train has made my day!
The silent majority has spoken and the Establishment doesn’t like it. Wobbling bottom lips everywhere.
What with Boris appearing to have secured a deal (of sorts), it’s turning out to be an excellent day!
I’ll have a spring in my step when I head off to pick up Granddaughter from School shortly.

doc80905

War Hero
It's now being reported the commuters who got the protesters down are going to be investigated by the Police as it was 'unacceptable' how they did it.
Quite a few of my mates work in the construction trades, and as such are self employed. Don't make it to work ,no wages, can't fire in a paid holiday to cover a day off. If these protesters end up getting on the wrong side of a Transit full of irate roofers or window fitters or such like, the response towards them will be considerably more robust than what's been seen today.

Totally bizarre though not surprising these days. If the punters had stood back and left it to the police there'd have been protesters on top of the train for days ffs.
The same when some protester climbed over the railings on a bridge over the A419 recently. 8 HOURS it took of gentle persuasion and coaxing and mediation and other bollox before he climbed back. Meanwhile the A419 both ways at peak traffic was shut and virtuallu the whole of Swindon ground to a halt. Just poison dart the idiots and wait with a net below..... (a net is optional)

I think it's time the police/powers that be see what is occurring here. People are board stiff of the police being more interested in "pronoun day" than helping the great British public free reign to go to work and pay our bills.

Whilst I do not support giving the protester a kicking I do support the removal of the individuals from the train roof. Making a citizens arrest and awaiting arrival of the police is a good thing. The commuters on the platform this morning have achieved more for the country today than Khan and Dick have in the last ten days.

Ironically: The people on the platform "no platformed" the people on top of the train. :party:

ETA: Suddenly Khan has switched sides.... BBC local news now (1334)….and now Khan is not supporting XR
I agree with all that except that I thoroughly approve of giving the protesters a kicking

Quite a few of my mates work in the construction trades, and as such are self employed. Don't make it to work ,no wages, can't fire in a paid holiday to cover a day off. If these protesters end up getting on the wrong side of a Transit full of irate roofers or window fitters or such like, the response towards them will be considerably more robust than what's been seen today.
Agreed,there's a Telegraph columnist who's making the point Extinction rebellion protesters have managed to change it from a climate change war to a class one as most of these idiots are middle class,retired and don't understand the concept of can't get to work no pay or can't afford child care or even the fact your commute eats up a large part of of your day.

The same when some protester climbed over the railings on a bridge over the A419 recently. 8 HOURS it took of gentle persuasion and coaxing and mediation and other bollox before he climbed back. Meanwhile the A419 both ways at peak traffic was shut and virtuallu the whole of Swindon ground to a halt. Just poison dart the idiots and wait with a net below..... (a net is optional)
What, everybody who lives in Swindon?
Some of my old school mates may not have escaped yet.

doc80905

War Hero
Agreed,there's a Telegraph columnist who's making the point Extinction rebellion protesters have managed to change it from a climate change war to a class one as most of these idiots are middle class,retired and don't understand the concept of can't get to work no pay or can't afford child care or even the fact your commute eats up a large part of of your day.
Look at some of their celebrity cheerleaders

Someone who has zero concept of working life or what it means to have to turn up for a shift.

If the police charge, or do anything, to the commuters who helped the protesters off the tube roof (to avoid possible injury from falling off) and then kindly helped them to their feet and dusted them down, I believe they may well live to regret it.

I agree with all that except that I thoroughly approve of giving the protesters a kicking
They should be punished to the utmost severity of the law.

Maybe by glueing them to trains. It’s the only language they understand. Hanging’s too good for them.

I had that Greta bird in the back of my cab once . . .

Latest Threads