Extinction Rebellion protesters - what to do?

"Jennifer, I kind of like what the new guy is doing. Some very nifty moves. I confess that I can't quite work out how to interpret it, though ..."

"Something about eyes ... looking through trees? No, that's not quite right ... Metal trees?"

"Bars, by any chance?"

"Could be, Tarquin. Oh, now he's grinning and pointing at us ... and stretching."

"My, that's quite a long stretch isn't it?"

"Now it's something about waking round a very small room. His friend has joined him .. clearly very attracted to him, given that leer. "

" Oh, that's nice! How inclusive."

He's pointing at his friend and ... chewing gum? Now he's asking to guess a word .. one word ... Is he blowing a bubble?"
"Bubble Gum?"
"No, that's two words. Oh, now he's pointing at us again and nodding. He's signalling 'shorter' ... Bubble? ... shorter yet ... Bubba? Got it!"

"So, we're invited to spend a long stretch in a small room, with bars on the windows and a big guy called Bubba who has rather an unnerving, salacious look on his face ...

You know, Jennifer, I've just remembered I've got an appointment with my tailor. Just off home to get cleaned up a bit."

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
I'm thinking he's over estimated how many there are and where they all live, as opposed to those he's allowed them to piss off who actually live and work in his patch.

The wretch.
I know I'm sounding like a broken record but all this can be traced back to TCB. When he allowed London Councils a sniff of control of the Met is was always going to end in disaster. Prior to his meddling the Met was responsible to the Home Office, I somehow couldn't see Priti taking the protesters side in this.

Does this now mean that Cressida can wash her hands of the whole situation, safe in the knowledge she “tried her best” but was overruled by the mayor?

Whilst not about our own home grown protesters the Dutch farmers are getting very pissed off with Vegan and Environmental types and took some action themselves. At least 2000 tractors descended on Den Hague, causing 620 miles of traffic jams.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Whilst not about our own home grown protesters the Dutch farmers are getting very pissed off with Vegan and Environmental types and took some action themselves. At least 2000 tractors descended on Den Hague, causing 620 miles of traffic jams.
620 miles? Is that all?

A British tractor driver, with their immaculate sense of timing, can scrub out the tyres on a Porsche and cause a mile tailback all by himself, where once there was but an empty road.

2000 of our finest Massey-Fergusson chauffeurs, united in a common cause, could bring all of Europe to a grinding halt. Makes you proud to be British. :salut:

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

620 miles? Is that all?

A British tractor driver, with their immaculate sense of timing, can scrub out the tyres on a Porsche and cause a mile tailback all by himself, where once there was but an empty road.

2000 of our finest Massey-Fergusson chauffeurs, united in a common cause, could bring all of Europe to a grinding halt. Makes you proud to be British. :salut:

Beaten only by the lycra wearing arse=hole cycling brigade, who can hold up traffic for miles whilst meandering all over the fecking road.

620 miles? Is that all?

I like the bit about them not abusing animals.Ten years ago, sex with animals was still legal in Holland.

Looks like XR are sending in the heavy weight intellectuals

No doubt someone will come along to say that the science of a plant based diet is settled

Looks like XR are sending, etc...
Unfortunate acronym. I keep reading it as Extreme Right.

No doubt Britain First and the rest of the silly buggers are embarrassed as fook being likened to the unwashed crusties.

Co-founder of XR just been nicked for trying to smash a window at the DoT. Listen to the idiot on the video saying "it's a non-violent peaceful protest, no one was hurt". Smashing windows is neither peaceful nor non violent, at least in my world. Maybe I'm wrong?

Hmm.. looking at this, she has been involved in numerous moronic movements, but NEVER had to do a days REAL work in her life, her dad, a former miner must be really proud of her :-( Gail Bradbrook - Wikipedia

Last edited:
Unfortunate acronym. I keep reading it as Extreme Right.

No doubt Britain First and the rest of the silly buggers are embarrassed as fook being likened to the unwashed crusties.
Eco Nazis like Henrich Himmler would have approved, they're not that far removed from the Blood and Soil nutters

Did Pippi Mongstocking travel almost half a continent away from NYC to Alberta in a horse and cart?

Something tells me no.

Made me laugh...

I know...I'm a bad person...

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Hmm.. looking at this, she has been involved in numerous moronic movements, but NEVER had to do a days REAL work in her life, her dad, a former miner must be really proud of her :-( Gail Bradbrook - Wikipedia
It seems as if Khan believes in her sort of "protest" which involves damaging the property of others. After all he has apparently decided the police must not do the work they are paid to do.

I still feel that handing control of police to mayors or the so-called commissars was a big mistake.

Giving control of an apolitical organ to a politician, be that from inside or outside, was never going to end well.

It seems as if Khan believes in her sort of "protest" which involves damaging the property of others. After all he has apparently decided the police must not do the work they are paid to do.

I still feel that handing control of police to mayors or the so-called commissars was a big mistake.
I get it that we all have the right to peaceful protest. Walking around with boards or signs, shouting at pigeons or saying Stop Brexit through a loudhailer. Blocking roads and buildings, smashing windows is not peaceful or non violent. Khan needs to be mindful of the lines.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
"In 2016, she went on a psychedelic retreat to Costa Rica, "where she took ayahuasca, iboga, and kambo, in search of some clarity in her work"
Yup, there's nothing like taking mind bending hallucinagenics to find clarity!

Latest Threads