Extension of Veterans Badge distribution

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bobthedog, Mar 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6446013.stm

Announced yesterday that Birmingham would hold veterans day this year,
    and that Northern Ireland and Falkland Islands campaings would be added to entitlement for veterans badges.

Needless to say that the Veterans Agency website has yet to be updated to reflect this change, as the forms do not cover the newly announced additions.

Really joined up government!

2. We'll do them proud don't you worry. The Lord Mayor is an ex-Tankie.
  3. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

From the Veterans Agency site:

4. 1984 is the new cut-off date, but the Forms still say 1969!
  5. So does my father's two years national service in Wales blowing up sheep in 1950 count for getting one of these? I'll arrange it for him if it does. I don't imagine he'd wear it much but it'd be nice for him to have it.
  6. Vets Agency site has been updated, application forms can be downloaded in .pdf/RTF formats.
    Alternatively you can 'phone 0800 169 2277 free from the UK or +44 1253866043 (as long as you have your details of service available).
    It takes 3-4 weeks to receive your HM Forces Veterans Badge.
  7. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Changed but beaten to it.
  8. Yes, he is eligible, for details and application form CLICK HERE.
  9. Thanks Hackle, I'm going to see him and fix up his new computer on Sunday so I'll make that his first destination on the Internet :D
  10. 1984?

Bastards, i'm a few years short still.
  11. I was mid tour in FI on the cut off date (31st December 1984) but neither versions of the form seem to cater for non-UK residents.

Bugger! I suppose it will be half an hour of Greensleeves before I get to talk to somebody.
  12. Getting my badge. Great news.
  13. They answered straight away when I called (prior to my last posting) after usual "we are recording this for posterity or whatever" message - it is a freephone number anyway (in the UK).
  14. I still might give it a go.

Its not free from the Netherlands, hence the reluctance to have to pay to listen to Greensleeves.
  15. I have just reread the original post.

This extension business to include FI and NI veterans, confuses me as I thought the badge was open to anyone who had served in the forces, regardless of theatre?