Extending Battery Life

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by JoeCivvie, Dec 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For anyone else who is hard of thinking like me.

My Blackberry Torch battery would last about a working day - if I was lucky, so I deleted LinkedIn and Facebook, and I'm back to about 3 days use per charge.

2. Try also deleting any free apps that you don't use regularly, or any free games whether you use them or not. Additionally, gps eats your battery; switch it off unless you don't know where you are.
  3. It's all them sneaky ******* things in the background. They are spying on you, no duff.

Pass the tinfoil over.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using ARRSE mobile app
  4. There is a good free app called Battery Defender. It can be set to turn off all the power draining shit off at night or when you don't need it such as when you are at work at the press of a button. Very useful.
  5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

was it one of your cheapo local knockoffs again brackbelly tolch?
  6. It also depends where you are. Your mobile phone will ramp up power to establish a handshake with the BTS. If you're in a city where there are many BTS, including micro and pico masts then yor power usage will be less.

Cold kills a battery like nothing else, so keep it warm.
  7. I was taught that by a blerk who's now dead, so can't very well challenge it, it was also 12 years ago.