Extend or Not to Extend?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by pingle_84, Apr 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In the future I will be in the position of doing the full stretch, but there is the possibility of the outside chance to extend two years and then possibly carry on after that. Any sane comments or advice? :?

2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Corps?

3. There is the possibility, I have recently turned it down 3 times (twice in 1 week!), if they really want you they will ask, if you ask for it and there is a slot then they will say yes, as long as you arent a complete chopper (but then again the Army is having problems with retention.............)

4. being as its on the medical services site, i am hardly likely to be a cannon fodder candidate in all honesty.:p

5. err, yes but which Corps? Are you medical, dental, nursing or vet? Which trade? What rank?

I can't help thinking that a decision like this would depend entirely on your own very specific professional and domestic circumstances. You are going to have to figure this one out for yourself.....

6. To be honest, wait and see how you own position and circumstances dictate, but for my profession, its a waste of time. More money outside

7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

As stated what Corps? We have many.