express war vets to grip thugs

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by brighton hippy, Sep 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Soldiers to tame thugs
    The Government is now planning to privatise the *system, run by the prob*ation service for 34 years, and recruit Afghanistan and Gulf War veterans to form the central plank of a new get-tough policy.

Civil servants also believe they can save up to £20million a year by offering retired sergeant majors and other non-commissioned officers the minimum wage of just below £6 an hour, because they are already receiving Army pensions.

I can see that plan working and just for extra giggles the express caption t on there website with a picture of a german soldier :)
  2. I bet they get flooded with Ex Wo2s wanting to earn minimum wage.
  3. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Oh I don't don't know - give them a uniform to swan around in, the chance to shout and get angry over about things that don't really matter and I'm sure you'd have any number actually paying for the privilege.
  4. Watch out for flying pacesticks!
  5. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

At that rate, if the Probation Service does succeed in recruiting them, it will get those who cannot any other sort of job. The pension is withheld pay from previous service, and whether a person has one or not is no business of anyone else, particularly an employer (except for PAYE coding). The glib assumption that because ex-service people have a pension they do not have to be paid properly in a second career is unethical.

Anyway they won't be allowed to 'tame thugs'. What is needed is a zero tolerance approach to breaches of ASBOs etc instead of the oh-you-poor-thing approach. This could easily be achieved by disciplining the existing Probation staff.
  6. never happened had a client who tortured a bloke with his mate over drugs with a knife and a broken bottle police took him away.
    strange how the buisness end of an mp5 makes people be polite :)
    Monday morning probation were ringing round trying to get the hostel to say a good word.
    unfortunatly they got me No he's not paid any rent no he did'nt meet with staff or engage with the methadone programme no we won't have him back so he can stay in jail.:)
    Theres helping even cretins who at least try but somebody who does'nt give a monkeys needs to be punished till they stop thinking they can get away with it.
  7. Utter Bollocks!

It won't happen, because the bleeding heart Probation service will throw every spanner into the works to look after their "clients"

I spent a year working with the probation service as a community service supervisor. I left in disgust at the way the probation service would give serial offenders, "just one more chance" time & time again.

8. In theory a good idea.

Because NCOs and sergeant majors are getting a pension its ok to pay them minimum wage below 6 pound per hour?Civil servants living in dream land,how many `X` sergeant majors are going to work for that sort of doe? I also believe cutting down Civil servants would also save millions.
  9. Thats the whole problem.....``just one more chance`` build more prisons and lock the fcukers away end of.
  10. A new get tough policy...we have heard that all before.Its the saving of 20 million pounds that is the motive.
  11. why not make it a form of extended service, have an interview process like LSL and adjust the pay ie no need for X factor however the bonus being it is classed as time served for pension, spread across all 3 services it's a winner. I'm an ex ssgt and there's no way I'd do it for £6 an hour even if i would 'kin love beasting these losers.
  12. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Where is the saving when a simple glassing at closing time can cost £100,000 in legal, police and NHS costs?
  13. You wouldn't be beasting anyone mate. If you did, the probation service would have you arrested!
  14. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

An idea soon to be followed in the Policy Unit by someone saying:

"Oooooh, I know. What about National Service? That'll solve the SDR manning problem!"
  15. I like the mythical soviet barrage battalions.
    ship the convicts piers morgan other undisrables out to whereever on the startline they get rifle magazines point in direction of target with mastiffs behind with .50 to encourage any slowcoaches those not showing sufficent fighting sprit finish off the wounded:)