express war vets to grip thugs

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Soldiers to tame thugs
The Government is now planning to privatise the *system, run by the prob*ation service for 34 years, and recruit Afghanistan and Gulf War veterans to form the central plank of a new get-tough policy.

Civil servants also believe they can save up to £20million a year by offering retired sergeant majors and other non-commissioned officers the minimum wage of just below £6 an hour, because they are already receiving Army pensions.

I can see that plan working and just for extra giggles the express caption t on there website with a picture of a german soldier :)

I bet they get flooded with Ex Wo2s wanting to earn minimum wage.

D

Deleted 20555

Oh I don't don't know - give them a uniform to swan around in, the chance to shout and get angry over about things that don't really matter and I'm sure you'd have any number actually paying for the privilege.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
At that rate, if the Probation Service does succeed in recruiting them, it will get those who cannot any other sort of job. The pension is withheld pay from previous service, and whether a person has one or not is no business of anyone else, particularly an employer (except for PAYE coding). The glib assumption that because ex-service people have a pension they do not have to be paid properly in a second career is unethical.

Anyway they won't be allowed to 'tame thugs'. What is needed is a zero tolerance approach to breaches of ASBOs etc instead of the oh-you-poor-thing approach. This could easily be achieved by disciplining the existing Probation staff.

never happened had a client who tortured a bloke with his mate over drugs with a knife and a broken bottle police took him away.
strange how the buisness end of an mp5 makes people be polite :)
Monday morning probation were ringing round trying to get the hostel to say a good word.
unfortunatly they got me No he's not paid any rent no he did'nt meet with staff or engage with the methadone programme no we won't have him back so he can stay in jail.:)
Theres helping even cretins who at least try but somebody who does'nt give a monkeys needs to be punished till they stop thinking they can get away with it.

Utter Bollocks!

It won't happen, because the bleeding heart Probation service will throw every spanner into the works to look after their "clients"

I spent a year working with the probation service as a community service supervisor. I left in disgust at the way the probation service would give serial offenders, "just one more chance" time & time again.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Soldiers to tame thugs
The Government is now planning to privatise the *system, run by the prob*ation service for 34 years, and recruit Afghanistan and Gulf War veterans to form the central plank of a new get-tough policy.

Civil servants also believe they can save up to £20million a year by offering retired sergeant majors and other non-commissioned officers the minimum wage of just below £6 an hour, because they are already receiving Army pensions.

I can see that plan working and just for extra giggles the express caption t on there website with a picture of a german soldier :)

In theory a good idea.

Because NCOs and sergeant majors are getting a pension its ok to pay them minimum wage below 6 pound per hour?Civil servants living in dream land,how many `X` sergeant majors are going to work for that sort of doe? I also believe cutting down Civil servants would also save millions.

Utter Bollocks!

It won't happen, because the bleeding heart Probation service will throw every spanner into the works to look after their "clients"

I spent a year working with the probation service as a community service supervisor. I left in disgust at the way the probation service would give serial offenders, "just one more chance" time & time again.
Thats the whole problem.....``just one more chance`` build more prisons and lock the fcukers away end of.

A new get tough policy...we have heard that all before.Its the saving of 20 million pounds that is the motive.

why not make it a form of extended service, have an interview process like LSL and adjust the pay ie no need for X factor however the bonus being it is classed as time served for pension, spread across all 3 services it's a winner. I'm an ex ssgt and there's no way I'd do it for £6 an hour even if i would 'kin love beasting these losers.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Where is the saving when a simple glassing at closing time can cost £100,000 in legal, police and NHS costs?

why not make it a form of extended service, have an interview process like LSL and adjust the pay ie no need for X factor however the bonus being it is classed as time served for pension, spread across all 3 services it's a winner. I'm an ex ssgt and there's no way I'd do it for £6 an hour even if i would 'kin love beasting these losers.
You wouldn't be beasting anyone mate. If you did, the probation service would have you arrested!

An idea soon to be followed in the Policy Unit by someone saying:

"Oooooh, I know. What about National Service? That'll solve the SDR manning problem!"

I like the mythical soviet barrage battalions.
ship the convicts piers morgan other undisrables out to whereever on the startline they get rifle magazines point in direction of target with mastiffs behind with .50 to encourage any slowcoaches those not showing sufficent fighting sprit finish off the wounded:)

T

Tremaine

This is Balls. Sorry, but a failing system which has been reliant on PC BS and over tolerance won't transform itself in to a believable or effective deterrent anytime soon, even with highly valuable veterans used as cheap solutions. This is way below their value.

I can just see the little tossers screaming bully bully! and the Probation service wiping their poor little eyes.

What do they honestly expect?

24 lads to be turned away from crime by a bloke with a barrel chest calling them "Orrible little oiks." What will actually happen is if The Ex Wo2's get anywhere near the little cherrubs personal space or assault them (Tempting) they'll be out of a job with a criminal record so fast their feet won't touch.

This is a silly idea along the same lines as getting ex SNCO's to enforce discipline in Chav Schools.

If we were to leap back 30 years and would turn a blind eye to low level assaults then maybe we'd be on to something as alot of these little sh1ts just need a tooth removing by fist. It won't happen though and is the earliest sign of The Public Sector admitting that they have no way of enforcing discipline on societies gob sh1tes anymore. 13 years of labour (And John Major's government) saw to that and now we have to live with what we have created.

Stop whining about minimum wage. If minimum wage isn't enough, nobody will do the job. If nobody wants the job - or the candidates are not up to it - they'll have to crank up the pay. That's capitalism. Would you prefer the public sector splash our money around unnecessarily?

Agree that the idea won't work though. The Army doesn't work because of shouty Sjt. Majors. It works because of respect, which is something the ASBO generation are devoid of.

How about forming a penal battalion like the Germans did in the last big unpleasantness. You take one persistent scrote, sentence him to basic training at Colchester. If he achieves an acceptable standard then he is posted to whichever sh!thole is giving us the most casualties in Afghanistan for a year. If he doesn't achieve an acceptable standard then he goes to afghanistan for two years to do something dangerous and unpleasant.

How about forming a penal battalion like the Germans did in the last big unpleasantness. You take one persistent scrote, sentence him to basic training at Colchester. If he achieves an acceptable standard then he is posted to whichever sh!thole is giving us the most casualties in Afghanistan for a year. If he doesn't achieve an acceptable standard then he goes to afghanistan for two years to do something dangerous and unpleasant.
Because we can't afford the armed forces we already have.
Because it will water down the quality of our armed forces.
Because some of these chavs will use the military skills they pick up to further their criminal careers successes.
Because Human Rights Laws wouldn't allow it.
Because They would just say no and we'd have no back bone to make them/punish them.
Etc