exporting my jam jar

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by bigbaddave, Aug 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does anyone out there know the best and cheapest way to get my car to cyprus??????
  2. Attach oil barrels to the sides, an outboard on the boot and your away :D

That would be cool on the other side. Sort of like when the Lotus drives out of the water and up the beach in Octopussy.... but on a tighter budget.

In serious, sell the car, or put in storage. The tax for imports is expensive, and there isn´t a ferry anymore.

Buy one there.
  3. Tie it on the back of a boat thats heading there... Waterproof it first though!
  4. ill have a look through my docs to see if ive still got any details from when i brought a car back from cyprus but if i was you sell it or store it
    cars are cheap out there, even new ones are tax free and the sun, sand and even hailstones can ruin you bodywork, have you got aircon on your current car? if youve not then its not worth taking over mate
  5. Hailstones? Thought it hadn't rained in 3+ years.
  6. What Yorkie79 said really.

Cars are cheap as chips out there, but the dealers are utter cunts.

I brought mine back over from Cyprus to Liverpool for about £450
    about 5 years ago. Can't remember for the life of me the name of the company.

If you get in touch with Episkopi hive they should have the details.

ALWAYS REMEMBER THOUGH......Cypriot car dealers are only after your cash no matter what
    Gucci deals they offer.............Bloody buggers the lot of 'em.

Cheers N_W.
  7. dito on the car dealers but you can get a good deal if you do your homework,

yes, hailstones they can be the size of golf balls and when they hit, they hit hard, cypriot car insurance doesnt cover for damage by them
  8. Spot on mate.

I got rid of mine before going out there, thank fcuk I did, lads are getting fcuked over in import tax.

I just bought a run around for my tour.
  9. just remember about a lad who took his 3ltr supra over, it spent half the osting in the docks untill he saved enough money for import tax, was around 3k!!