Exporting Firearms to EU Countries

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Tartan_Terrier, Aug 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone here know if this is a particularly complicated procedure?

I was talking to a lad yesterday who had been in the UK on a hunting trip and had booked his flight home with Ryanair who refused to transport his (and his friends') firearms. He then contacted a dealer in the area who agreed to collect the guns and then send them over to Denmark for him.

Once he got home though, the dealer has informed him that he'll be charging him 500 pounds per gun for the service. Obviously he was a tad put out by what sounds to him (and me) like a blatant rip-off.

So are there any RFD's here who can tell me what they think is a fair price?

Also, while I'm at it, if I were to buy a rifle from a UK dealer how much would shipping and export paperwork usually cost?

2. I prefer the old procedure for exporting weapons to EU countries.. 1000 bomber raids.
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Unless your carrier forbids the carriage of arms then an EFP is sufficient to transport them around. Pick a carrier that is run by tw@ts. BA will move your rifles for you!
    Edited to add a sponsored visitors permit is required for the UK but dont fly with wankair!
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Actually if they were personal weapons being transported then they werent exports and as such the RFD may have dropped one!
  5. The budget airlies seem to be worst for silly restrictions. BMI/ BMI baby are also offenders.
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'm not sure what German Wings policy is as they are Luftwaffe sorry Lufthansa owned but there may be other means for the future. I find BA Shorthaul work reasonably well but you pay money not pennies for those flights.
  7. When I returned from Germany I had to get my rifle and shotgun shipped by a carrier as my FAC and SGC had expired (the Police force in my new posting would'nt issue new ones until I had arrived). Most carriers would'nt move weapons to UK so I spoke to John Roberts & Co in London who put me on to the carriers they use. I ended up paying £175 to get the weapons to London.
  8. Thanks Royalmile, 175 quid for two weapons sounds like a lot more reasonable price than 2500 for sending five shotguns.

I'll have to find out which dealer it was he was dealing with so that others can be warned off.