Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by clumpydump, Nov 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Man in court on explosives charge
    A 23-year-old former Territorial Army soldier has appeared in court accused of possessing a bomb-making kit.
    Peter Stephen Hill, from Skipton, North Yorks, appeared at Leeds Magistrates Court charged under the Explosive Substances Act.

He is accused of having a number of materials - including weed killer and matches - which if combined could allegedly make an explosive device.

Police are also investigating claims he breached the Official Secrets Act.

In court, Mr Hill spoke only to confirm his personal details during the 15-minute hearing.

It is claimed weed killer, sugar, matches, bearings and a metal hollow tube were found by police at his address in North Yorkshire.

He was bailed to appear at Leeds Crown Court on 19 November.

The court was also told that Mr Hill, who served with the Royal Armoured Corps, was being investigated for allegedly breaching the Official Secrets Act.

Motto: Don't buy weedkiller if you smoke and drink NATO brews in your garden shed.
  2. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

This is the same tit that has been trying to pass secrets to the Russians?

I can see it now: "I will say this only once, the code for the lock on the CQMS's store is...."

3. FFS I'd better get down to the bottom of my garden shed and empty ASAP... Didn't realise being the keeper of a bottle of weed killer will make me look like a terrorist in the eyes of the law!!! whatever next ...
  4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Sad, lonely walt muppet, who should have been screened before he was allowed to join the . . . . oh.
  5. He was caught in possession of hexamine tablets. Blimey, I'd better warn the CQMS.
  6. A friend of mine bought a box of fireworks in Lidl - as he was walking out he saw another school parent and stopped for a chat in the area by the doors. He was approached by somebody from the store and asked to leave - as he was now in possession of fireworks he was now considered a "fire risk"!

I'm sure he's glad the police weren't called!
  7. Correct! The very same. Looks like they've started with the minor offences and working there way to the more serious matter.

Link is HERE from the Telegraph
  8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

What on earth was the idiot thinking, trying to flog OSA-covered info to ANYONE FFS. Would he have done the same with the Iranians?
  9. I have every one of those bomb making igredients in the house/garage as we speak.....
    I should imagine tens of thousands of us do!!!!!!

Can't say that I've tried selling much to the Russians though :(