explosives presentation

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by poshjock9, Dec 31, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was wondering if anyone has any idea if the picture of the guy with his face blown to bits after putting a detonator in his mouth is on the net? Would like to use it in the presentation I've been asked to produce.

2. Here you go.

3. What ever became of him

and do you think when the photographer was taking the pic

he resisted the urge to say

4. i suppose that's one way of losing a few pounds, fat idiot.......
  5. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I often wondered what happened to this goon, anyone know?
  6. Aye, that'll go down great with a classroom full of eight year old girls. You'll give 'em nightmares.
  7. Some members of the RE had a strange idea that the safest place to keep a det was in the mouth as you knew where it was and maintained control of it.

They do like to come up with some strange things ever so often. The latest apparently is refraining from using the normal black tape, because it causes static as you pull it off the roll :roll:
  8. Aye, that'll go down great with a classroom full of eight year old girls or the AGC. You'll give 'em nightmares. :wink:
  9. Don't know, don't care. Mess around with explosives, pay the consequences. I've no sympathy.
  10. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I'm sure he was a US bootneck.
  11. I think he was USMC, sure someone on here had the complete set of photo's including the re constructive surgery that had to be carried out.

Something to do with a game/bet - bored squaddies, don't you just love them.
  12. thank you
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The one I remember from NI search training in 83 was B&W and only smashed up the side of his fizzog!
  14. The one you are thinking of Ugly, was an Irish gentleman who decided to crimp the det onto safety fuse with his teeth. Result: one very large and toothy smile. :twisted: