Explosion in Paderborne

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by happy-sapper, Apr 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just heard that there was an explosion in Paderborne Camp over the weekend. Have PIRA returned to mortaring SF bases again or did someone ignore the no-smoking signs by the POL point? Were there any BD types who were able to investigate it?
  2. 1st I heard of this?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  3. Hope I've not been the subject of a wind up. Any BFG guys out there heard anything?
  4. Just now on BFBS1 radio news, apparently WW2 bomb exploded. Minor damage to 1PWRR Officers' Mess. No mention of injuries.
  5. Bloody big camp that then. Do you mean a camp (or more accurately a barracks) in Paderborn?
    Paderborn is a largeish German town you know, not an army garrison like Catterick or Tidworth.
  6. What was it doing in there?
  7. It would have been Alanbrook Bks if it was that Unit.
  8. No not Allanbrook Bks.....The PWRR share Barker Bks with the RE Regt, the PWRR are located at the West of the camp whilst the RE occupy the East. Think the LI are in Allanbrook.
  9. Yep, Barker Bks. A later report said no-one was injured.

I wonder how much more old ordnance there might be lying hidden around this part of the world?
  10. Are you serious? paderborn is in Germany, during 1940ish-1945 we and the septics laid a hell of a lot of ordinance all over Deutchland.
  11. Nearly 9 years?

Have you been in a coma?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. I think he died of old age......
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. In his defence BFBS News is pretty slow to report
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1