Explosion in Forest Near Loch Lomond

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
No hope, perhaps, that this was Gorrdon Broon self-destructing.

There was an explosion in the forest near Loch Lomond - several other devices found according to Channel 4 News

BBC News - Anti-terror police probe explosion near Loch Lomond

Scottish independent types, RIRA or jihadists?

Of course, it could have been anti tree hugger types
Al Queda have issued a Fatwa against Nessie but sent a suicide bomber to the wrong loch?

Possibly test firing some explosives to make sure the main batch goes BANG! when detonated at the target. Would'nt be the first time AQ has tried to use Scotland as a staging area for attacks South of the Border; the fcukwits who tried to ram-raid Glasgow Airport had also attempted to use a car bomb outside a London nightclub.

Maybe AQ & RIRA having their own Joint pre-Burns night rehearsals??

Probably just a bit of illegal salmon fishing

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Some high-spirited yoofs are hiding in the undergrowth as I type this, shitting themselves and vowing to get away faster next time.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
A family friend of ours, a slightly eccentric ex-gunner officer, lives right next to where it happened.

Ten quid says it was him, test firing the 25pdr that he's got parked up the in garden!

Could have been the Jockinese author Ian Banks - he's mentioned his love of blowing things up in his excellent book 'Raw Spirit'

Could have been the Jockinese author Ian Banks - he's mentioned his love of blowing things up in his excellent book 'Raw Spirit'
That man is brilliant and thoroughly mental. Is it true than someone dared him to climb across all of the balconies of a resort hotel and he did so, completing a full circuit of the building - and afterwards he was questioned by local plod because some diamonds had been stolen from one of the rooms?

Consider Phlebas is the best science fiction novel, if not one of the best pieces of literature, I've ever read. When will someone make it into a film? (and ruin it, probably)

A big enough explosion in the Great Northern Wasteland could cause hundreds of pounds' worth of improvements.

P

PrinceAlbert

Consider Phlebas is the best science fiction novel, if not one of the best pieces of literature, I've ever read. When will someone make it into a film? (and ruin it, probably)
I had to read it twice to fully appreciate it.

Player of Games, and Use of Weapons are also excellent.

His non-science fiction book "The wasp factory" is also brilliant