Explosion at Moscow Airport *Merged*

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Pararegtom, Jan 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

2. The Chechnens must be back for more.
  3. Not good news...

...and I'm supposed to be flying through Domodedovo on Friday. This will add a nice couple of hours to security.
  4. 31 dead according to News 24.
  5. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Amateur footage now on youtube:

6. I see Sky News showing the above Youtube footage.They stop at about one minute ten seconds,just before we see the bodies on the floor.Is this their policy,are because it is pre watershed?
  7. Looks like the area outside the international Arrivals between the two small cafes and the customs exit - usually chock full of taxi drivers and greeters.

Surprised this hasn't happened before. They have security checkpoints at the terminal entrances, but large numbers of people just walk past them.

8. Evenin' Trigger.
  9. If it is the Chechens, it's not just the bomber who committed suicide; FSB will be out for blood, and anyone who helped plan or set up that attack is a dead man/woman walking.
  10. Well they didn't take any prisoners (literally) last time, did they. Doesn't take Mystic Meg to predict the sudden appearance of bodies in the Volga, and alleyways, and that's just the first round of questioning.
  11. Explosion! Hundreds of injured, I'm fine. What to do? Rush over and start helping or get my phone out and post to you tube,twitter and update my face book?

Bloody Ghouls.
  12. There are about 20 lawyers in the Domodedovo Airport management company. One of them is my daughter. She was at her office building during the explosion.

It is not the first terror act in Moscow and alas not the last one.

Personally I believe that Putin's policy in Caucasus is essentially wrong. He sends his appointees to govern local highlanders. As a result we see corruption, nepotism. Previously people could elect their leaders. One of them was Ingush general Aushev - a veteran of Afghanistan. But gen.Aushev was too independent and a former KGB officer Zyazikov was sent to rule Ingushetia. It caused corruption and many wrongdoings. For example a prominent opposition figure was shot by the police. The new Ingush president Evkurov is a true soldier and officer - a very good man. But he was not elected, merely appointed and shortly after his appointment he was nearly escaped death during a suicide attack.

Terror acts in Caucasus region are common now. And it looks as an endless problem.

13. Two British citizens are among the killed.

My sincere condolenses.