Explosion at Liverpool St Station

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr Happy, Jul 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1188265,00.html

2. I bloody just missed that!!!!! only cos I come in early today for the first time in years!!!! eek

3. Frankly, I'm amazed this hasnt happened sooner given the appalling state of maintenance etc

Thank fook I was at my desk early this morning

And we claim to have a transport system capable of coping with the Olympics in 2012 .............. :?

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Luck they voted yesterday!

5. Bob Crow has already been on Sky banging on about privatisation. Very tasteful, Bob. Nice one.

V!

6. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Just watching Sky News on tv - multiple cas being treated outside the station, and witnesses describing a hole in the side of one train. One witness also suggesting an additional explosion incident on a bus in Russell Square. Police spokemen now referring to 'incidents' on the Underground.

7. National Grid reporting on Sky that there were no anomalies in their systems that might have caused a power surge. Police implementing cordons and evacuating system.

I took a days' annual leave today to do some DIY. Phew.

V!

8. Incidents seems to be the correct word. Interesting to see how this turns out. G8 starts today remember!

9. He is a complete and utter cnut......but then we all knew that

10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

This will be our Madrid then..... Or something similar. I can't understand why anyone thinks that multiple explosions on the tube network can be power surges. Can anyone name an time or place that a tube/car/house has received explosions from power surges?

Re nat grid I think LU has its own power system seperate from the grid.

11. Buses exploding now, I reckon it's bombs

12. Exactly, I'm glad someone agees with me, have just had a big row with the whole of the office trying to say the self same thing.

13. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

According to Sky, police now reporting 'quite a large number of casualties'.

14. They're also evacuating a lot of the Banks around here now

15. Whats the bloody point.

I hope the bombers burn in whatever hell their beliefs allow