Expletive Deleted

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
BCO, tried typing 'wristwatch' into a post ? (That's 'wrist-watch' without the hyphen by the way.)

Now simply adding a space or hyphenating the word gets round the Expletive Filter, so no major probs there, but my question is this: is someone, ie you or GCO, playing with the filter or did this software arrive with the default setting of 'Boston' ?

If it's the latter, could you tell me where on this rock an arm-mounted timepiece is considered a shocking oath ?

:roll:

Oh, and on a military website I'd have thought that the word 'c ock' would be permitted, especially when describing the action of small arms.
:wink:

I don't think either BCO or I have played with the original issue swear filter. Good point about c ock - had me laughing this morning.

MS Word has a similar system which will automatically change words on the fly. This can be put to very good use by anyone with access to ajdt's (or any other paper producer's) PC. A well known but very underused gag in my opinion. Extracts from 'corrected' staffwork more than welcome on ARRSE.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Cheers GCO,

Are you able to adjust the filter ?

Why is 'wristwatch' (wrist watch,) included ? Was the software designed in Royston Vasey ?

Good CO said:
I
MS Word has a similar system which will automatically change words on the fly. This can be put to very good use by anyone with access to ajdt's (or any other paper producer's) PC. A well known but very underused gag in my opinion. Extracts from 'corrected' staffwork more than welcome on ARRSE.
Yes, a fine tool to be used. I altered the "replace ...with" function so that everytime my boss typed "PIRA" in a report, it came up as "lesbians". How i laughed when i was doing those extras.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
tiny_lewis The NAAFI Bar 72
Pebbles015 ARRSE: Site Issues 148
big_red The NAAFI Bar 21