Expert says Bin Laden could be dead

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by crabtastic, Jan 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One can wish and it does seem strange that Al Zawahiri has been making all the statements. We'll never know for sure at this stage.

2. I heard this rumour a couple of weeks ago.

I think OBL has died/been killed at least three times so far, no?

NTM

3. I'll believe it when I see his lifless corpse in the street - with the DNA evidence to prove it really is him. Until then it's just more wishful thinking!

4. Four, I believe. :?

5. Does it really matter if he is dead or not?
    It’s not OBL himself that we’re fighting, it’s the idea of him and what he represents to AQ.
    If he is dead then he’ll become a martyr to AQ. Personally I hope he’s sill alive, at least that way there is a chance he can be captured and integrated.

6. He supposedly had poor kidneys and was in need of regulay dyalisis.
    Just as big a problem dead as alive.
    Trust he dies badly and enjoys his 72 rasins or whatever.
    john
    "integrated." another recruit for the JW school of edumacation.

7. he must be dead now, we have not seen any crappy video's of him ranting from a cave in ages!!!

one of the 4 times in which he has thought to have been killed must be true, and instead of becoming a martyr, they have decided to keep the fact that their leader is dead quiet. :)

8. I think hes dead, not been on many videos for a while. Perhaps our government knows hes dead and they don't want to release the facts because other wise he would be a marter and all the other rag heads would go 'infidel die jihad alokal bal'. So it would make sense to keep it quiet for ever then release it in 30 years time just like they did with Cold War happenings.

9. Tupac shakur is dead but the bugger keeps releasing albums.
    Elvis has been dead for decades and he keeps getting number ones.

No reason that Osama couldnt have been dead for months/years. videos could have been made one after another since they were all pretty vague 'kill the <insert western nation here>' and released to make it look like the t!t was still alive.
    Gives AQ a ghost to use as a decoy to stop the US hellfiring the cr@p out the real 'leadership'.

Just cause they wear towels on their heads and like goats doesn't mean they cant be sneaky.

10. Does that mean that Op Herrick 5 is on hold - I was looking forward to getting out there! Can we just pretend he is badly injured and we still need to get in there and confirm the job is finished!!???

11. No the Dutch will go hunt him down! In their clogs and windmills!

12. Every time I see a pic of OBL on the telly I can't help thinking of George W and his bold passionate statement after 9/11.

"You can run, but you can't hide"

Image of OBL peeking out from cave "cooee....still looking for me f*ckwit?"

13. Out@last - You are so right. This could be the longest game of 'Hide & Seek' in history! Hopefully like all games of Hide & Seek, OBL will get bored and hand himself in and we can start a new game! I can't see it.

I wonder if Dubya has looked in his Wardrobe!!??

14. 'News Management' or as most people would call it 'lying' is more and more prevalent these days. The next few years will be planned in outline already, and will be adjusted here and there to absorb or reflect events as they unfold. It best serves us (or U.S.) if Bin Laden remains 'alive', shadowy, and just out of reach - we can then justify sending forces in to wherever to commit attacks, bombings that would otherwise be regarded as disproportionate or uncalled for. Failing that, we'll give up on Bin Laden and let Zarahawi assume the mantle - magnify the menace (he's got 2 kalashnikovs now you know) and start over again.