Experimental Kit

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by RCSignals, Jan 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 8O learn something new everyday

2. who would be brave enough to wear that :lol:

3. I believe the example shown to be the A&SH sett. The BW variant was a darker shade. The Queens Own patt had a dark verticle line. Pipers of Lowland regiments were to be issued 'skilts' (combination of kilt and shorts) in similar pattern. Whole thing was binned as no one could agree on a standardised 'panel' for the officers/WOs.

4. If I remember correctly there is a "bent as a nine bob note" Jock presenter on changing rooms TV series that wears something very similar and what a nonce he looks!!!!!!!!! Obviously looking for some Cav officer to give him a regimental hup two three!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

5. There was a story in, IIRC, 'Soldier' years ago about some staff chap at a Scottish HQ who had such a kilt made up, together with a sort of Sherlock Holmes cape thing to go with it.

6. Ugh! an Inverness Cape as well? 8O

7. Yup, 'fraid so RCSignals. I remember reading that story. Claimed it would be ideal for the TA Home Defence Bns. This was in the days of the SLR, but I never heard the results of any range trials in the cape. :roll:

8. Scarey thing is, that almost makes sense