Experimental Kit

8O learn something new everyday

who would be brave enough to wear that :lol:

I believe the example shown to be the A&SH sett. The BW variant was a darker shade. The Queens Own patt had a dark verticle line. Pipers of Lowland regiments were to be issued 'skilts' (combination of kilt and shorts) in similar pattern. Whole thing was binned as no one could agree on a standardised 'panel' for the officers/WOs.

If I remember correctly there is a "bent as a nine bob note" Jock presenter on changing rooms TV series that wears something very similar and what a nonce he looks!!!!!!!!! Obviously looking for some Cav officer to give him a regimental hup two three!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

There was a story in, IIRC, 'Soldier' years ago about some staff chap at a Scottish HQ who had such a kilt made up, together with a sort of Sherlock Holmes cape thing to go with it.

Vasco said:
There was a story in, IIRC, 'Soldier' years ago about some staff chap at a Scottish HQ who had such a kilt made up, together with a sort of Sherlock Holmes cape thing to go with it.
Ugh! an Inverness Cape as well? 8O

RCSignals said:
Vasco said:
Ugh! an Inverness Cape as well? 8O
Yup, 'fraid so RCSignals. I remember reading that story. Claimed it would be ideal for the TA Home Defence Bns. This was in the days of the SLR, but I never heard the results of any range trials in the cape. :roll:

Busterdog said:
I believe the example shown to be the A&SH sett. The BW variant was a darker shade. The Queens Own patt had a dark verticle line. Pipers of Lowland regiments were to be issued 'skilts' (combination of kilt and shorts) in similar pattern. Whole thing was binned as no one could agree on a standardised 'panel' for the officers/WOs.
Scarey thing is, that almost makes sense