Experiment with Women Attending USMC Infantry Officer Course Not Going Well

'Gender Neutral' JJH? That sounds nice. Does it equate to 'lower the standards' to ensure diversity and equality?

BTW, who's driving this?

Gender neutral, what a lovely euphemism. Standards are already gender neutral (unless of course the USMC has a see how high you can piss up the wall test).

Gender neutral, what a lovely euphemism. Standards are already gender neutral (unless of course the USMC has a see how high you can piss up the wall test).
Hah! "Gender neutral" is like beauty--depending on the agenda of the beholder.

At least they had the balls to try....

I'll get me coat.

'Gender Neutral' JJH? That sounds nice. Does it equate to 'lower the standards' to ensure diversity and equality?

BTW, who's driving this?
The Commandant of the USMC who has proven to be especially "malleable" to the desires of our current Masters.

“I want to try to open up a door, maybe, for women after me. I don’t know how far it will open, but I’m hoping to make a difference for women down the road.”

I've no knowledge in these matters, but shouldn't her priority have been to learn how to effectively lead troops in combat and take care of them?

As I recall this is the one where the recommendations were to be made, before the course was completed n'est pas? Looks like the women have helped out in the report's conclusions.

One thing caught my eye;

'...the Corps’ intent to recruit female volunteers for subsequent iterations of the course.'

Sort of implies that there will be more 'volunteers', they just don't know it yet, presumably until the right conclusion is reached. A bit like EU referendums.

As I recall this is the one where the recommendations were to be made, before the course was completed n'est pas? Looks like the women have helped out in the report's conclusions.

One thing caught my eye;

'...the Corps’ intent to recruit female volunteers for subsequent iterations of the course.'

Sort of implies that there will be more 'volunteers', they just don't know it yet, presumably until the right conclusion is reached. A bit like EU referendums.
Indeed--the fix is already in.

My condolences, JJH! Army Times has been carrying similar letters from busybodies who are worried about female officers. They are worried that without a Ranger tab on their shoulder women hit a glass ceiling in the progression up the ranks and it just isn't fair. etc. etc. and it's just a "good old boy" conspiracy. Etc. babble babble mutter. I fully expect some push coming (from this administration) to admit women in to a future Ranger class to redress a perceived imbalance in the number of women advanced to Major, etc.. This is insanity.

demi moore bald.jpg

So...... They're going to put people's lives in danger for diversity or so more people can be included? I guess I shouldn't be so surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So...... They're going to put people's lives in danger for diversity or so more people can be included? I guess I shouldn't be so surprised.

Sent from your head dobber more like.

You vs me and Mrs JJH in a fight. Bring it.

I guess I put that wrong. I feel women should be able to do any job they want, if they qualify, just like everyone else. Lowering the standards for diversity sake is doing them a great disservice. I in no way meant any offence.

I guess I put that wrong. I feel women should be able to do any job they want, if they qualify, just like everyone else. Lowering the standards for diversity sake is doing them a great disservice. I in no way meant any offence.

...Ahh, you see YG , that's the problem...YOU may not have meant any offence, but IF some over sensitive soul, looking to be outraged, IS offended by what you said then you are in trouble.

For me, the best words I've heard say on this were from a female Marine Officer - not sure what her job in the Corp was?...but she said something along the lines of ' It's agreed that it's unfair for us to compete against men in sport, so why would we compete against them in combat?'

I thought Gender Neutral meant that the test was set for the task at hand (for example the RMs 30miler over Dartmoor). Gender Fair means that the test has been comparatively set for teh two sexes. ie Annual PFTs. (Points to note. teh run is not a test of how fast you can run, as is mentioned in the spiel it is a tets of your CV capacity).

Some tests (ie teh PFT) are also age fair (ie the older guys get longer to run it) others are age neutral (ie the CFT).

Good luck to the lasses who go for these courses, as long as the tests and standards are not altered by anything other than the requirements of the task at hand.

Nor should a pass on these courses mean that the passer is immediately within the fold.

As you can see here, my American cousin's daughter has just joined the USMC. Yesterday, he received a letter off her saying how much she is enjoying Parris Island. She wants to go infantry.

Dear Ma and Pa,
I am well. Hope you are too.
The Marine Corps beats working for old man Minch by a mile. I was restless at first because you got to stay in bed till nearly 5:00 a.m., but am getting so I like to sleep late.
Tell brother Walt and brother Elmer that all you do in the Marines before breakfast is smooth your cot and shine some things. No hogs to slop, feed to pitch, mash to mix, wood to split, fire to lay. Practically nothing. Men got to shave but it is not so bad -- there's warm water.
A Marine Corps breakfast is strong on trimmings like fruit juice, cereal, eggs, bacon, etc., but kind of weak on chops, potatoes, ham, steak, fried eggplant, pie and other regular food. But tell Walt and Elmer you can always sit between two city boys that live on coffee. Their food plus yours holds you till noon, when you get fed again. It's no wonder these city boys can't walk much.
As Marines we're expected to go on "route" marches, which the Platoon Sergeant says are long walks to harden us. If he thinks so, it is not my place to tell him different. A "route march" is about as far as to our mailbox at home. Then the city guys get sore feet and we all ride back in trucks. The country is nice, but awful flat. The Sergeant is like a schoolteacher. He nags some.
The Captain is like the school board. Majors and Colonels just ride around and frown. They don't bother you none.
This next will kill Walt and Elmer with laughing. I keep getting medals for shooting. I don't know why. The bullseye is near as big as a chipmunk head and don't move. And it ain't shooting at you, like the Higgett boys at home. All you got to do is lie there all comfortable and hit it. You don't even load your own cartridges. They come in boxes.
Then we have what they call hand-to-hand combat training. You get to wrestle with them city boys. I have to be real careful though, they break real easy. It ain't like fighting with that ol' bull at home. I'm about the best they got in this except for that Tug Jordan from over in Silver Lake. He joined up the same time as me. But I'm only 5'6" and 130 pounds and he's 6'8" and weighs near 300 pounds dry.
Be sure to tell Walt and Elmer to hurry and join before other fellers get onto this setup and come stampeding in.
Your loving daughter,
Tammy Gail

I presume WolvoExPunk, that that is a spoof letter, with 'Tommy Gail' changed to 'Tammy Gail', you can tell because there's no mention of sex with non family members.

Nice to see that people are still arguing the toss about female soldiers in such roles, without asking the fairly simple question of how many female soldiers actually want to be in that role? The original article even comments on the lack of volunteers.

I presume WolvoExPunk, that that is a spoof letter, with 'Tommy Gail' changed to 'Tammy Gail', you can tell because there's no mention of sex with non family members.
Of course it's an old spoof letter. My American cousin's daughter is still at primary school. She has never lived on a farm, or even in the countryside.