Experiences with the AFCS.

Hi everyone,

I'm an Ex RAF TG4 Tech. I've posted here because over 70% of AFCS claims are made Army personnel and that means a greater pool of people with first hand experience of the AFCS processes.

I first submitted my claim under the AFCS in July of 2018 and I still have no resolution.

My claim has been handled appallingly. Evidence has been ignored, my claim misrepresented, I have been lied to continuously.

My original claim was rejected on grounds that I never claimed. I submitted an appeal in September 2019, it took a year for a PAR to be carried out (I understand Covid badly impacted service provision so the delay is understandable). The PAR found that I had met the criteria to apply under the AFCS and they passed my appeal back to the claims team.

The claims team dropped my appeal and started a new claim using evidence that was superceded by new evidence submitted with 2019 appeal. They then immediately rejected this new claim using evidence that had nothing to do with my condition or claim.

They then told me that if I disagreed with the new decision that I would have to submit a new appeal against a claim that I never actually made.

From there it's taken another year to get to the tribunal and they still haven't directly addressed my claim or my supporting evidence and I'm still awaiting a tribunal date.

I'm going to a tribunal to argue against a decision that was made on a claim I never made.

For the last year Veterans UK have lied to me, they have lied to me and the courts.

I have spoken directly to my MP who has been helping me with these issues.

I would really like to get some feedback from other service personnel who have experienced similar treatment so I can show my MP the scale of the problem.

I personally believe that they employ similar tactics used by the DWP to discourage people from claiming the vital financial support that they are entitled to and it also goes against the reason the AFCS exists in the first place.

Latest Threads