Experiences of Capita Recruitment Process Sought by Metro Newspaper

Hi there,
I'm a reporter for Metro newspaper following up claims that potential recruits have been unfairly rejected on medical grounds - or subjected to unnecessary delays.
Can you give me a call if this applies to you?
Thanks,
Dominic Yeatman - 020 3615 0972

Hi there,
I'm a reporter for Metro newspaper following up claims that potential recruits have been unfairly rejected on medical grounds - or subjected to unnecessary delays.
Thanks,
Depends how you define 'unfairly'-your definition (and that of the rejected applicant) is probably totally at variance with that of the MoD.

. . . by the by-I've 'Reported' your initial post so that a Grown Up will (hopefully) come along and review that post: given the leading question, it would have been polite to punt it up to the Site Admins for a nod of approval.

Unless you have already done so . . . ?

I've already sent them a note through the 'Contact us' link.

I'm picking up on widespread criticism of Capita's management of the recruitment, along with comments from Mark Francois MP in his review last year which was pretty critical of the recruitment and appeals process.

Moved to separate thread. This is an important topic and it would be nice to see it being reported on properly.

Paging @Ninja_Stoker

Are you involved in the preparation of this magnificent organ?

Metro
Its a sizeable organ...
In its first five years, it achieved a readership of over 1 million daily readers, making it the UK's fourth largest weekday newspaper, after The Sun, the Daily Mail, and the Daily Mirror.

More seriously, look at some of the threads on here already or search "Crapita"...

Please don't also forget to include the absolute cluster that is Reservist recruitment and re-engagement:
Joining As An Officer - With Military Experience

Ended in November after 28 months of trying to rejoin thus:
I'll close this one out chaps. I've decided to do a bit of charity work in my spare time in place of the Army Reserve commitment. I did so many free hours for the AR and used so much 'free petrol' that I should in all honesty be better off with a non-paid charity gig.

I will take this opportunity to thank you all for your help over the last 28-months; you've all been fantastic.:cool:

Best Wishes,

Medical.

All info regarding medical is in JSP 950. We've made a rod for our own back with that one.

Delays.

Defence Recruiting System went 'live' in November last year. It has been a complete disaster.

It's also having a massive impact on the Army Reserve.

Since 13 Nov 17 no reservist recruits have been able to be attested, receive an army number, get paid their enlistment bonus or get booked on courses to begin training.

It is hoped this will be sorted by end of Feb 18.

Many more have been unable to register on the website or complete registration due to software glitches with the IT..

A huge amount of information that was on the previous IT system has not been correctly migrated leaving it incomplete. No solution has been offered yet to remedy it.

Medical.

All info regarding medical is in JSP 950. We've made a rod for our own back with that one.

Delays.

Defence Recruiting System went 'live' in November last year. It has been a complete disaster.

Since 13 Nov 17 no reservist recruits have been able to be attested, receive an army number, get paid their enlistment bonus or get booked on courses to begin training.

Many more have been unable to register on the website or complete registration due to software glitches with the IT..

A huge amount of information that was on the previous IT system has not been correctly migrated leaving it incomplete. No solution has been offered yet to remedy it.
An absolute disgrace.

Medical.

Delays.

This JSP950 i think? https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...ssessment_for_PULHEEMS--_Publish_PDF_V1.0.pdf

Also have a gander at this re medicals
https://www.markfrancois.com/sites/...- by the Rt Hon Mark Francois MP 26.07.17.pdf

Page 23 Section 6. 14,000+ individuals failed for medical reasons. What it doesn't say is what percentage of the total that is.

Numerous examples of recruits being medically deferred / rejected for minor (childhood) ailments.

Numerous examples of ex-regulars being medically deferred by medical bureaucracy, despite serving for considerable lengths of time in regular army.

No medical pre-screening prior to Army Selection Centre, thus considerable time and energy wasted dragging unsuitable recruits through the 'whole' system.

Grossly inefficient medical deferral system, juggling between NHS and Army Medical Services.

Non-service doctors making not applying 'sound military judgment' on medical suitability against arbitrary criteria.

That's not including the absolute debacle regarding DRS, as described earlier.

If I didn't know better I'd say that Crapita are on a scam that involves them getting a fee for medical referral work...

If your finalised article has any photographic embellishments, be aware that not all tracked military vehicles are tanks.

We don't respect journos who publish bollocks.
Not even all green ones with tracks? Every day's a school day............

A son of one of my mate thought he'd like to join up. He tried to get on the system nearly 6 months ago and the only thing he's received is an email 3 months later to say the system was undergoing "updates".
He's since taken up an apprenticeship with an IT Design company who are paying him to continue his education.
They can only wait so long.

Not even all green ones with tracks? Every day's a school day............

A son of one of my mate thought he'd like to join up. He tried to get on the system nearly 6 months ago and the only thing he's received is an email 3 months later to say the system was undergoing "updates".
He's since taken up an apprenticeship with an IT Design company who are paying him to continue his education.
They can only wait so long.
I've seen plenty of bleeps using APCs but none tanks.

You can get a job with Capita, but the job you end up doing won't be the one you signed up for.

Friends daughter worked for them supposedly covering the NW region from Birmingham to Carlisle. Her first job was in Kent, followed by South Wales. In here first year with the Capita she did over 35,000 miles in the company car, mostly going to places nowhere near the North West.She left after 18 months, unable to stand the travel and being away from home for 4 nights a week 2 weeks out of 3.

This is common.

Hi there,
Thanks,
If anybody ever starts a conversation with "Hi There" I always think of this.....