Expensive way to spend a penny

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by OldRedCap, Feb 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ryanair, the prisonships of the sky, are now contemplating replacing the free in-flight toilets with pay toilets that will drain your wallet as you drain your bladder.

"One thing we have looked at in the past, and are looking at again, is the possibility of maybe putting a coin slot on the toilet door so that people might actually have to spend a pound to spend a penny in future," he told BBC television.

He added: "I don't think there is anybody in history that has got on board a Ryanair aircraft with less than a pound."

I'm afraid that were I forced to be a Ryanair traveller, I would pish on the floor rather than give them the money. They should think themselves lucky I only sh1t once a day!
  2. Heard this on the news. Fcukin' outrageous! The thieving sky gypsies talk about £4 to Amsterdam or Dublin to bring in the customers. Why not just charge £5 and be done with it.

I'd love to see their faces when one of the great unwashed decide to p!sh or sh!te one of their seats because they've no money on them.

Ryan Air, I'd rather be strapped to the wing of a Bomber over Dresden.
  3. Bet you wouldn't. :roll:
  4. If I have ever have the deep misfortune to travel with Ryan Air again I will be carrying one of these with me:

Not sure how I'll deal with a number 2, but there's always a takeaway tray and a bag of wet wipes:
  5. I wonder if they put a time limit on it before the door opens?

Get your money's worth and have a dirty protest.
  6. Now I know Ryanair are taking the p*ss.I wondered how long it would take for O'leary to come up with this wheeze.

Would this be legal?
  7. I can't remember exactly, but I think it's the Post Ofice and Railways' act that makes clear that all premises which are either places of employment or offer catering, must also provide free access to lavatory facilities for their employees/customers.

Then again is Ryanair British? Does British (or Scottish or whatever law) apply in international airspace?

8. This one is going round the web:

Attached Files:

9. Nah Offices, shops and railway premises act is the one you want but unfortunatly it has been superseeded by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974

But you could always piss out the window allowing for wind direction
  10. Since Ryan Air is Irish will the slot be in Sterling or Euros?
  11. Harrods have charged £1 for years!.

How long are you allowed to stay in the aircraft toilet for £1 and do men get discount because they don't wash their hands.

Mile High Club issues, have they really thought about the implications?

12. Technically they are running a brothel in that case, or a house of ill repute.

So much for they're southern Irish Roman catholic reputation, now it's fcuked.
  13. Dump in the sink :)
  14. .
    Shows how crap (no pun intended) Ryanair's Marketing Dept is.

To make real money, let passengers use the crapper for free; and charge £1 per sheet for bogroll.
  15. As I heard on the radio, it's worth a pound for the extra legroom. When I saw the interview the pound to pee idea was put forward as a "joke" to distract the attention from an item about paying for luggage. Clever bit of mis-direction.
    I wouldn't fancy a flight with a stag party and a rugby club! Ankle deep before take off.