Expedition to raise £1 Million for Combat Stress

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by becauseitisthere, May 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

I thought i'd let you all know about the expedition i am embarking on. You may have already been told about it via a friend who posts on this forum but i thought i'd come put a post up anyway.

On March 24th 2010 i left my home and began a 3 year journey to circle the globe without using any motorized transport. I plan to cycle 40,000 miles across 5 continents and sail over 10,000 miles across 2 oceans. The aim of the journey is 2 fold. Firstly, i hope to raise awareness of climate change but secondly, and i feel more importantly, i want to raise awareness of PTSD in veterans and also raise £1 Million for Combat Stress.

As you can imagine the planning and preparation for the exped has been a huge undertaking and the journey itself will be even more so. As of yet i have not been able to gain any publicity for the expedition in any national media outlet and so my fund raising attempt is going quite badly (as is the expedition -- i was knocked off my back by a hit and run driver in Devon).

Please head over to my website to learn more about the expedition.

All the best,

Kevin
    http://www.becauseitisthere.co.uk