Expected runs in basic

This has been posted before but cant find it so feal free to send link or abuse......

Can anyone tell me what the expected run distances/times in the first 6 weeks or so in basic for a para?

baldy_fudge_packer said:
when are you expecting to do selection?
I presume you mean selection centre, if so probaly around March time. But I don't know, I don't now how long it takes for you to attend selection once applied.

What about you?

headlikeajerrycan said:
As long as you don't get the runs whilst on a run you should be alright.

What time do you run a mile and half in?
9:10, got a 6.5 mile run tonight. Hope to have my 1.5 mile time down to around 8:30 when I go to selection.

baldy_fudge_packer said:
quote]

What about you?
about january/febuary when my deferal ends[/quote]

Oh right, Im limiting my training at the moment, picked up a shin injury. Just did 17.6 km on the old ladys eliptical trainer tonight, decided not to run didn't want to injure shin more. What did you get deffered for?
Whats your 1.5 time?

I asked a similar question a while ago, and the general response was about 6 miles averaging 7/8 minute miles. But that is not to be expected at the start, but built upto!

Guiness for me please!

Soozi said:
I asked a similar question a while ago, and the general response was about 6 miles averaging 7/8 minute miles. But that is not to be expected at the start, but built upto!

Guiness for me please!
For Para?

B

Biscuits_AB

baldy_fudge_packer said:
This has been posted before but cant find it so feal free to send link or abuse......

Can anyone tell me what the expected run distances/times in the first 6 weeks or so in basic for a para?
Far.

5.56mm said:
Soozi said:

Guiness for me please!
For Para?
Ok, maybe I missed that part - it was early!!

Bugger, can I have a pint for trying?

When you turn up I believe it was you had to do the mile and a half in under 9.30 to start the course. After 6 weeks into the course you'll still need to have your mile and a half time under 9.30, although most blokes are well under that by this stage because of all the extra phys they now have in their lives. The longer runs are squadded, so there's no time set in stone I can give you, however the staff train you up progressively for these so as long as you put the effort in you should be fine. As the course progresses tabbing ability becomes far more important than running ability, but once again you're built up for this.