Exmouth/Exeter on a Monday night

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by napier, Jun 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

I've got a morning meeting in Exmouth on Tuesday so am staying in the area Monday night. Any suggestions for a decent pub or 2? If anyone is in the area I'm always keen to have a drink and make new friends*

*unless you are a complete dick
  2. If you're prepared to drive to Exeter, there's a very good pub by the old iron bridge in the middle of town. I think it's called the city gate inn or something. It's generally fairly quiet but its selection is decent and and it has a really nice garden, a walled courtyard with lots of plants etc. My imagination is failing to describe it well, but if I wanted to pass an evening in good company in in a really pleasant set of surroundings, I'd happily choose that place every time. It's a bit of a hidden gem.

Alternatively, on the midpoint between exe and exemouth is topsham, there's a cracking few pubs around there also of the olde worlde variety with a good selection of beers. The best one is probably the bridge inn on the exemouth side, but there's some decent ones in the middle.

Can't really help with pub suggestions in exemouth itself though.
  3. The Bridge Inn was always an excellent real ale pub - not far from Lympstone.
  4. Hi if your staying in the town. Go to the stand (place not the pub in exmouth) there are 3 or 4 good pubs, grape vine and others all in 100m of each others. If the suns out, walk to the beach and go in the grove pub.

PS I'm not a dick but all ready out Monday so no time for a pint, sorry.