Exit Strategy

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Letterwritingman, Oct 21, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now in my day.........and still with a few years to serve.........there was no exit strategy; as far as I can see there is win, lose, compromise so what the feck is an Exit Strategy? Surely it has already been planned for anyway :? 8)

2. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator

It's what America used to justify going home under fire after the victory of Vietnam :?

3. Best definition of the term I've heard yet

4. Wes Clark wrote in his autobiography 'No one in his right mind would, or ought to, begin a war if he didn't know how to finish it.' Supposedly a quotation from Clausewitz, and frequently quoted in US circles.

What Clausewitz actually wrote was rather different, and I think the difference explains some of the present problems: 'No-one starts a war, or rather no one in his senses ought to do so - without first being clear in his mind what he intends to achieve by that war, and how he intends to conduct it."

(Is there a prize available for quoting Clausewitz at this time of night?)

5. Yep, just poured you a glass of Whiskey :)

Slainte

6. But many of you DIDN'T buy, DID YOU?
    So, here's the site you wanted....

And LJH prepared to get kicked for spamming the threads......

But that's worth it to me if just ONE more of you BUYS A SHIRT TODAY and helps send the pilots back next year.

Come on, last day and my last post on this (I promise), so just do it. In a month you'll have forgotten the 20 quid. They'll never forget.

Please. Just a PM to BBC

7. Jack......

GO TO BED

Micky 8O

(like your style though)

8. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer