Exit one expensive C-130

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Aug 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was that ours?
  2. Since they started kicking Daisycutters out the back, and IIRC the argies tried it once :)
  3. Old news, this happened in Feb 2007,
  4. The fun bit was getting the RAF to finish the job (too much debris that could have been used by the other side for propaganda) by dropping 1000lb on it - the irony touched me....... especially after ripping them for so long about letting a woman drive in the first place.
  5. You know how they tell you that in the event of an emergency you should remain in your seat till directed what to do by the crew.

Well a reliable birdy tells me that when the initial incident happened the passengers (against their better judgement) waited to get off in an orderly manner for about a minute and when no one told them what to do they left the aircraft to find the crew tumbling over each other in an attempt to get as far away from the plane as possible, having left them to their fate!

6. This is a common thing that the RAF do i was in a chinook that caught fire in flight, and we in the back knew feek all about it at the time till it landed and the crew ran past us on the way out
  7. I know that ryanair have had bad publicity with regard to the recent decompression of one of their aircraft, but have we taken out-sourcing too far? Questions in the Commons are bound to follow!
  8. probably thought a mover would tell the scum in the back . :twisted:
  9. I thought that was the difference between "passengers" and "crew" - if you're a passenger, and the captain shouts "Jump Jump" you'll be guided out; if you're crew, and you say "what?" you'll be talking to yourself...
  10. Passengers? more like self loading cargo :)
  11. An expensive video as well, sounds like they go Peter Kay in to do the commentary.
  12. Just like all armoured vehices are tanks and all soldiers are officers. It's easy, lazy reporting.