Exercise phone?

#1
The local 'REAL' (german version of tescos)
has These for 99€

thinking for exercise use after I drowned my phone in Canada (in Gatorade of all things)

anyone used one?
 
#2
You can get waterproof crush proof boxes for almost any phone for a few quid. Isn't that better than shelling out for another phone?

My phone is insured too, and automatically backs up when in range of my home PC. Losing or breaking your phone can be avoided quite easily, and even if completely lost, you can always load the back-up onto the replacement phone
 
#4
cow741 said:
the jcb phone is facking nails

It would be but for that arbitrary diagonal slash on the D-pad - making this phone the kind of builder who surreptitiously oggles his fellow builders bums as he comes back on from lunch.
 
#5
What do you need your phone on exercise for?

Are you hoping to find that your mate who in HQ company who is one of the OPFOR might have his key setting and grid reference on his facebook status :roll:
 
#7
Closet_Jibber said:
What do you need your phone on exercise for?
Pizza.
 
#8
cupoftea said:
cow741 said:
the jcb phone is facking nails

It would be but for that arbitrary diagonal slash on the D-pad - making this phone the kind of builder who surreptitiously oggles his fellow builders bums as he comes back on from lunch.
get the land rover one instead then. it's a higher spec model, too.
 
#9
baby_g said:
Have you ever used BOWMAN?

Think we used mobiles more often than anything else on MM2! You always need 'other means'
I'd sooner go down the route of losing comms, and showing that the kit doesn't work. Not because I'm particularly dedicated to improvement in MOD procurement but because last time I experienced lost comms on exercise we set up a hasty harbour and got our fat heads down for 24 hours before tabbing back into camp for an early end ex.
 
#10
my mates got one of those JCB phones and its the loudest phone i have ever heard ring,its sounds like an artic-truck reversing its that loud.Further to the BOWMAN statement,BOWMAN=B etter O ff W ith M ap A nd N okia
 
#12
#13
therealbigdizzle said:
cupoftea said:
cow741 said:
the jcb phone is facking nails

It would be but for that arbitrary diagonal slash on the D-pad - making this phone the kind of builder who surreptitiously oggles his fellow builders bums as he comes back on from lunch.
get the land rover one instead then. it's a higher spec model, too.
Right you are. Haven't seen these before.



Ahh, I love the smell of symmetry in the morning...
 
#14
aye... look back in the QMs forum and there's a whole thread somewhere.
 
#18
duffdike said:
Landrover makes a top quality robust phone now. Check it out.
Sonim do and Land Rover just want to piggy back their brand on the strength of the quality and Sonim want to piggy back their sales on the strength of the brand.
 
#19
Stop!

Ex phone needs to be simple, small and have a long battery life.

Pay as You Go - Sagem my101x

€14 from German Supermarket, over 10 days on 1 charge and turn the bugger off when not needed and my came back on after 6 months.

Cheap and cheerful and if you break it you probably have more cash on your sim then you spent on the phone.
 

Attachments

#20
Duke_of_Kaos said:
Stop!

Ex phone needs to be simple, small and have a long battery life.

Pay as You Go - Sagem my101x

€14 from German Supermarket, over 10 days on 1 charge and turn the bugger off when not needed and my came back on after 6 months.

Cheap and cheerful and if you break it you probably have more cash on your sim then you spent on the phone.
I agree - its probably more likely to be dropped and lost than break, and if you can secure your cheap un-tough phone from the elements then chances are its not going to go walkies unless you drop it - but I couldn't resist indulging in a bit of kit porn
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S The Training Wing 17
Gas Gas Gas Current Affairs, News and Analysis 1
Sekundra Officers 7

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads