exercise names

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by ordinaryforces, Oct 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I keep seeing references on here to exercises in Germany, ie crusader rob-roy etc,
    it was that long ago I cant remember the name of the one I was on, is there a list somewhere I could look through giving exercise year by name?
    cheers.

2. Try this Site, they are all on there, helps if you speak German!

M136.de

• Like Like x 2
  3. We used to do yearly ones, summer sales winter sales. went on one called Bold Guard when i was in an inf rear link det, oh and one called op banner, that was a long old exercise.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

I remember lionheart in 84 for the huge amount of forces involved and the damage done.
    Saying that we had farmers asking us to dig in among there crops for the compo.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Reforger was another.

• Like Like x 1
  6. i thought they were all called" EXERCISE FREEZEURFCKKINGNUTSOFFINAGERMANWOOD"

• Like Like x 3
  7. Had (tried hard to) forgotten lots of those. Spearpoint. Reforger, Shelldrake Sword etc etc

How many hours playing ******* Nommy?

8. Fcukin' hell, Mate it's years since I played that.......Crib was another fave. especially
    'One for his nob'...........it made the younger bleeps giggle.........cnuts!
    Redgauntlet, Flying Falcon(bleeps).......swing the light and put that Rifle in the rack.

9. Deep South was main one in 60's,BAOR. Used to do one in depths of winter, humourously called String Vest.How we all laughed.

10. Flying Rhino

11. HHH

HHH LE

• Like Like x 1
  12. We had a flurry of tartan this and that's in the late 70s. I remember the School of Infantry ones like Phantom Bugle.

13. I was so looking forward to the biggie in '88. Clearly the Lionheart payout put a stop to all that.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Black Makie