Exercise Loss

Is there such a thing as Exercise Loss? The reason I am asking is after an exercise I was down a couple of mags. These were handed over to another section during the attack and I never recieved them back. I am now being billed for their loss. I'm pretty certain that they should be written off as "exercise loss" but I'm being told that such a thing doesn't exist and I have to pay for them. Any ideas or should I just stop being a tight wad?

No such thing I am afraid feller. If you have a friendly RQ to hand he may condition some scrap metal as your mags, but otherwise - don't lend your kit out without a signature!

MrShanklysboots said:
No such thing I am afraid feller. If you have a friendly RQ to hand he may condition some scrap metal as your mags, but otherwise - don't lend your kit out without a signature!
Or the return spring firmly placed in the return setting.

Exercise loss does exist......I lost my 432 once on ex (my cam was legendary). I had a quick chat with my CQ and I got another one no questions asked ;)

There is such a thing mate, same happened to me on exercise and my q just wrote them off as ex lost. There's a certain form they fill in but I'm not sure what it is

Lets hope he's not still looking two years after the original post.

This tread ressurection crap is wearing a bit thin - I'm running out of barbed comments.

C

cloudbuster

This isn't thread resurrection - wait until someone pulls up stuff from Chubb's early ramblings...........

Oooh, I wonder if there's a prize.....