Exercise Green Warrior - hello?

#1
Following the 'fallout' from comments passed after the last Ex GW, are people not going to give their views on what they thought of this one?
 
#5
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
Op_Int_and_Spy said:
Yes 2 MI appears to be a 'morale' vacuum at the moment...................
is that the 4 MI perspective then?

i just want to hear if they had another skit night...
Not at all, and not my perspective I hasten to add.

Am I missing out on some 2 v 4 Bn fight club or something?
 
#6
Op_Int_and_Spy said:
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
Op_Int_and_Spy said:
Yes 2 MI appears to be a 'morale' vacuum at the moment...................
is that the 4 MI perspective then?

i just want to hear if they had another skit night...
Not at all, and not my perspective I hasten to add.

Am I missing out on some 2 v 4 Bn fight club or something?
And there was me thinking the dimside was united in their battle. :wink:
 
#7
Op_Int_and_Spy said:
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
Op_Int_and_Spy said:
Yes 2 MI appears to be a 'morale' vacuum at the moment...................
is that the 4 MI perspective then?

i just want to hear if they had another skit night...
Not at all, and not my perspective I hasten to add.

Am I missing out on some 2 v 4 Bn fight club or something?
Handbags at twenty paces. Any further than that and the fablon biff chits will come out.
 
#8
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
i just want to hear if they had another skit night...
It was a little odd not to have a certain person appear in all the skits (apart from our 'Dear Leader', of course).
 
#9
I thought the skits were genius! I laughed my arrse off. On the whole I enjoyed the vast majority of the fortnight, especially the Field Firing Ranges. The village serial at STANTA was pretty special too.

However.....Theres nothing more demoralising than getting taught one thing by one DS and then getting slagged off for doing it by a different one. Couldn't there have been an agreed DS solution for the serials? Also being expected to carry out things we didnt practice on the fisrt week, to a high standard. (5's and 20's for example??? I personally had never even heard of them until an exercise serial where we got roundly criticized for not doing them properly...erm how is that fair?)
 
#10
Old_Gregg said:
I thought the skits were genius! I laughed my arrse off. On the whole I enjoyed the vast majority of the fortnight, especially the Field Firing Ranges. The village serial at STANTA was pretty special too.

However.....Theres nothing more demoralising than getting taught one thing by one DS and then getting slagged off for doing it by a different one. Couldn't there have been an agreed DS solution for the serials? Also being expected to carry out things we didnt practice on the fisrt week, to a high standard. (5's and 20's for example??? I personally had never even heard of them until an exercise serial where we got roundly criticized for not doing them properly...erm how is that fair?)
I think the term 'slagged off' by the DS to be a bit strong. The debriefs I experienced usually went along the lines of 'next time think about the other ways you could do it' and focused more upon command, control and leadership.

I agree that 5s and 20' should appear as a set topic in week one, make sure it's added to your Company's PXR points.

The link between week 1 and 2 is developing, and getting better all the time. From the conversations between the DS that I overheard, it seems week 2 would benefit from some set training objectives. As to DS solutions, I don't think they are valid anymore. The DS won't be deploying wtih you, in such circumstances the only soultion is the one carried out by the section at that time. The first questoin asked of the section commander in the debriefs I saw, 'what happened and what would you change', seemed to sweep up most of the learning points anyway.
 
#11
Fraser said:
Op_Int_and_Spy said:
CRmeansCeilingReached said:
Op_Int_and_Spy said:
Yes 2 MI appears to be a 'morale' vacuum at the moment...................
is that the 4 MI perspective then?

i just want to hear if they had another skit night...
Not at all, and not my perspective I hasten to add.

Am I missing out on some 2 v 4 Bn fight club or something?
And there was me thinking the dimside was united in their battle. :wink:
The Bns might dislike each other, but these petty squables are put aside for darksiders though! (the enemy of my enemy is my friend?)
 
#12
252_me said:
The Bns might dislike each other, but these petty squables are put aside for darksiders though! (the enemy of my enemy is my friend?)
As they say in Latin... mi cellar-dweller es su cellar-dweller.

or something :)
 
#16
To be honest this is not the place to air this sort of grievance. I would hope that you raised these concerns through the CoC in a more constuctive manner (ie less swearing).

I seriusly doubt that 2 MI Bn were 'stiffed' over promotions. That's not how the system works. If it turns out that no-one of any rank is promoted from 2 MI Bn this year, then something would have gone wrong, but that would a fault of the reporting officers language on the CR's, not at the Board level.

You need to appreciate that if the CoC see that we are using Arrse for this type of whinging and backstabbing, they will not look too kindly upon us and the site. I appreciate that this in no way placates your obvious critiscisms...
 
#17
Week one in Warcop was very good, IMHO. Lots of ranges from the usual APWT all the way up to a fire team attack range and a section in defence night shoot. It's good to see the Corps getting its act together regarding realistic training for the theatres that we are likely to deploy to I the near future. Though the most memorable thing about week 1 for me was Next To The Tank and her headfirst DS assisted plunge out of the door of a land rover during contact drills......

Week two had it's good and bad points, many of which have been already mentioned. I especially agree with the point that was made regarding serials for which no training had previously been given (some may recall the section that was ragged through consecutive 3 section attacks as a piece of 'constructive' training after one such serial). The highlight for me though was the final serial in the FIBUA village - are they trying to get us ready for our own version of black hawk down? 8O
 
#18
thenaughtyintsprite said:
God im so happy to posted out 2 MI Bn,

Has nobody noticed the huge signing off rate at the moment ?

The extremely low morale amongst the senior JNCOs?

You kept us all to long you greedy bunch

Then we have the CoC posting lies:

You know i was due posting like in APR its now AUG when am i due posting????

OC' Next Week LCpl ********'

3 weeks later

OC 'Next week i promise'

2 further weeks later

OC 'Im sure they trying their hardest'

WE HAVE LIVES, WIVES AND CHILDREN TO WORRY ABOUT !!!!!!!!!!

ITS NOT F**KING GOD DAMN GOOD ENOUGH

oh and 2MI got stiffed in the promotions boards

AGAIN?? Oh i wonder why that is?????

You expect us to deploy from your Bn do an extremely good job, after all your pre deployment training ( i can call it that still ? or is that too aggresive for certain people)

Come home tired, low on morale and be greeted by the Admin vortex.

Sorry all those courses you put in whilst deployed didnt go through.

Must be JPAs fault

Didnt we tell you that youve been extended oops must be JPAs fault

oh we have your posting now (first week of GW 07)

Great happy again!!!!!

When am i going

OC 'Dont know yet'

RIGHT OK, ARE YOU JOKING ? NO YOUR SERIOUS. I CAME TO YOU WEEKS BEFORE GW 07 TO SIGN OFF BECAUSE IM FED UP WITH BEING MESSED ABOUT. YOU VOLUNTEER ME ON BOTH WEEKS AND MAKE ME DRIVE BACK TO NETHERAVON AT THE END DO YOU HATE ME OR SOMETHING?
AND NOW YOU TELL ME YOU STILL DONT KNOW ARGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

This is true as of the 1/10/07

No really its all true

If the CoC want to talk to me then im here PM me nobody within my Coy gives a damn so maybe you will
err............
 
#19
CrapSpy said:
I think the term 'slagged off' by the DS to be a bit strong. .
Fair one, but I did feel them to be over critical for things that, as I said, were not included in the first week and some of us more junior types have never even heard of. I personally felt (and I certainly wasnt the only one) entirly demoralised.
 
#20
Howayman said:
To be honest this is not the place to air this sort of grievance. I would hope that you raised these concerns through the CoC in a more constuctive manner (ie less swearing).

You need to appreciate that if the CoC see that we are using Arrse for this type of whinging and backstabbing, they will not look too kindly upon us and the site. I appreciate that this in no way placates your obvious critiscisms...
couldn't agree more.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L OTC 7
R OTC 0
Gas Gas Gas Current Affairs, News and Analysis 1

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads